About the opportunity
GKN is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by road or air almost anywhere in the world it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do.
The Director of Business Development, Western U.S. will lead key business development operations for the Aerostructures business of GKN Aerospace in identified regions with existing and emerging customers. The main objective for this critical role is to generate new business opportunities and capture strategies with aerospace engineering companies and aviation MROs.
What you’ll do
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
· Lead and coordinate business development activities toward achieving Company objectives.
· Responsible for the oversight of all new business evaluation and capture activities
· Identify, define and implement strategic objectives and associated courses of action in response to changes and opportunities in the greater aerospace industry.
· Identify and drive new business priorities and develop marketing and capture plans for key emerging opportunities.
· Build, strengthen and lead business development campaigns for growth and greater pipeline.
· Maintain and support current sales effort and customer base while developing world-class business development processes; ensure compliance and ethical behavior.
· Monitor, analyze and report on competitive activity and strategies in the market and recommend/guide strategies to counter.
· Assumes lead role in proposal response and completion of RFQ’s and RFI’s for new business
· Leads and assists on M&A and product development initiative
· Develops and leverages both and internal and external network to support business development initiatives
· Prepare business capture plans and customer briefings, including outlines of contract and pricing strategies, based on customer knowledge.
· Assist the Vice President on deal due diligence, negotiation, contract development and business development or alliance development projects.
· Provide guidance with the planning of marketing and promotions, including advertising, trade shows and publications in order to seamlessly support sales and business development activities.
· Develop and maintain effective relationships with customer executives and senior level engineering and procurement staff.
· Ensure GKN remains a “customer first” and “safety always” organization that prides itself on the highest standards.
· Provide input to the Vice President on new product or service features to be developed to meet current and future customer needs.
· Evaluate the capabilities of the current business development initiatives and promote key growth areas and technologies to aggressively position GKN for future capture.
· Performs other related duties and projects as assigned by executive(s).
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science or Business or closely-related area required.
· 10 years of applicable experience in business development and management, including significant professional advancement/growth and a demonstrated track record of accomplishments.
· 5 years of prior aerospace or aviation industry-related sales, customer service, commercial, or programs experiencerequired.
· Extensive ability to manage and direct business development programs with directly related experience in aerospace engine sales, marketing and business development on a global basis experience managing large clients in the aerospace industry.
· Broad- based technical and business knowledge of the aerospace industry, including experience working with aerospace MROs, OEMs and/or operating customers.
· A demonstrated ability to enhance margins and work in partnership with the customer to address their needs. Ability to be a leader in change management, demonstrate strong aptitude to proactively identify problems and propose effectivesolutions.
· Demonstrated leadership and the proven ability to develop and maintain productive customer relationships within the global
· A proven ability to run a customer focused organization with a history in both developing and negotiating agreements/working with proposals and contracts.
· Frequent travel (approximately 50% or more) will berequired in the role.