Are you seeking a position within a growing company? Broadridge is hiring! We’re seeking a Director of Business Development to be a part of our stellar Business Development Group within our Capital Markets business. You will have the opportunity to help increase sales of Global Technology and Operations (GTO) products and service offerings, specifically in the Exchange Traded Derivative (ETD) space. The job has the following key responsibilities.
- Help the business unit achieve their fiscal year sales goals
- Assist the business unit in creating an effective sales and services pipeline for current and future fiscal year sales
- Engage with clients, prospects and the industry at large to understand their needs, enhance their experience of Broadridge products, and propose appropriate solutions while providing feedback to Product and Strategy leaders
- Engage with Product, Technology, Strategy, Sales Support, Marketing and other leaders to understand and effectively communicate the value of our products and services to client facing associates, clients and the industry at large
The Capital Markets business unit is in a growth phase and repositioning itself to double the size of its business over the next 3 - 5 years with the Business Development team playing a key role in this transformation, therefore while the overall themes remain the same, the specifics of the role are likely to change as we optimize the organization to support this transformation.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the Capital Markets products and services and related interfaces with other GTO and IC (Investor Communication) products and services
- Assist the Relationship Sales and Account Management teams to engage in the sales lifecycle for offerings and related GTO products and services, this includes travel to attend and present at client meetings and industry events
- Collaborate with product leaders and marketing to ensure that all products and services have appropriate messaging including value propositions, metrics and context diagrams, by creating sales & marketing collateral including sales decks, website content, case studies, marketing videos etc.
- Partner with product leaders on the demo strategy and the demo environment to showcase products and services and their integration with other Broadridge solutions
- Create sales questionnaires to collect, categorize and provide key pricing drivers/metrics to Finance (pricing) for the creation of business cases (P/L) for new sales opportunities
- Analyze and report on sales pipeline and follow up with opportunity owners to ensure the pipeline is accurate
- Support the RFP/RFI teams by providing and/or gathering SME responses to client questions
- Collaborate with strategy, product and technology leaders to identify new product/service opportunities and onboard new acquisitions by leading the go-to-market process including initiation of sales campaigns and internal sales enablement
- Work with sales learning and development teams to prepare scripts, videos and ongoing sales enablement sessions to ensure that client facing teams are well equipped to sell products and services
- Represent the Business Development team internally at meetings with business unit leaders to discuss sales pipeline, sales plans, sales campaigns, closed sales, sales reports and work with your Business Development leader to assist in the process of sales forecasting and reporting
- 8 - 10 years of financial industry experience across product sales, product management, product strategy in the financial services industry
- Overall awareness of US Brokerage processing
- Excellent communication and writing skills including independent client facing presentations
- Experience working with Sales, Account Management, Product and Technology teams
- Collaboration skills including working in complex matrix organizations
- Ability to travel in order to meet clients and prospects
- Strong Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Visio skills