Business development professional that enjoys harvesting the potential of our capacity as a partner to the tactical selling team. Provides leadership in the conceptualization, design, development and successful market implementation of SEC business line programs. Responsible for contributing to strategic analysis, strategy definition, business plan and implementation. Provides support & vision to the tactical selling team efforts for SEC offerings.
- Conduct duties in an ethical manner, and model ethics and compliance behaviors for others. Encourage open, transparent, factual and respectful communication.
- Establish a culture of safety, operational, and customer service excellence within the organization.
- Ensure all health, safety, environmental, and human resources requirements are met to comply with federal, state and local regulations.
- Lead the respective business function in acting entrepreneurially to drive ingenuity, best practices, and best in class efficiency.
- Coach, mentor, train and develop employees as required for the long term sustainability of the business and to ensure appropriate succession planning. Establish or source appropriate training as needed to ensure the quality of the work being performed.
- Establish customer and shareholder-driven financial, safety, and operational excellence goals such as for earnings, quality and cycle time/on-time performance. Measure and monitor progress, making corrections in the respective functional area organization and processes as necessary to achieve business targets.
- Establish performance goals for organization and monitor performance.
- Establish, document, maintain, train employees on, update, and reinforce use of practical, safe and efficient work processes that allow the business to maintain the flexibility to meet the dynamic needs of customer base.
- Prepares market intelligence and customer analysis. Tracks and evaluates economic conditions and advises on impact, enabling management decisions.
- Identify and/or support acquisition and business development activities with key customers.
- Leads the development, introduction and implementation of the SEC business portfolio, plans and activities in the U.S.
- Defines SEC offerings, value proposition and market positioning in close collaboration with SEC President and Sales team. Recommends the direction and implementation of products and services developed or acquired by SEC.
- Promotion of SEC capabilities in the marketplace. Acts as a key leader in market introduction of new offerings or those previously not promoted.
- Maps customer organization decision-makers and equipment users, and maintains relationships across target customer companies with service and the long term view in mind. Ideally develop trusted status with these companies.
- Receives Voice of Customer Input and disseminates it to key management personnel in support of business strategy.
- Develops business plans to support strategy/growth.
- Develops standard commercial approaches to align SECs offerings with customer requirements.
- Develops / negotiates long term agreements and MSAs, particularly those aimed at leveling operations load.
- Develops presentation materials such as value propositions and case studies.
- Provides acquisition or partnership recommendations to management and develops close working partnerships with those involved.
- May negotiate and communicate pricing agreements.
- May provide input to approaches for improvement of customer experience, and value-driven selling.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Proven ability to open doors and build relationships at all levels in an organization.
- Demonstrates and communicates a complete understanding and technical experience with SEC products and services. Ideally recognized by peers as an expert in the industry.
- Possesses expert knowledge of equipment applications, functionality, end user operations and customer requirements.
- Experienced in developing business programs such as long term service agreements or parts agreements.
- Able to think creatively and apply new ideas to overcome objections and barriers
- Works well on a team and has strong communication skills
- Proficient in using CRM systems (Salesforce)
- Ability to research and quickly simulate information into action
- Self-motivated and target driven
- Experienced in business development and/or sales operations relating to SEC products and services.
- Experience influencing indirect reports to achieve business goals and objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must be proficient in communication and coordination with internal partners in the organization.
- Interaction with a variety of personnel from sales, proposal and project teams, as well as customers at a wide range of levels of responsibility including the executive level. Building relationships to develop business is essential. The individual must be articulate and have story-telling ability.
What do I need to do to qualify for this job?
- More than 10 years of experience in field of Strategy or Business development
- Degree in Engineering or other degree combined with MBA or commensurate experience.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good Computer Skills (Power Point, Excel, Microsoft word)
- Good Communication Skills - English (spoken & written)
- Experience with Salesforce desired