Invenergy drives innovation in energy. Powered by decades of entrepreneurial experience and unparalleled execution, we solve the energy challenges facing our customers and communities. We provide power generation and storage solutions at scale around the world to create a cleaner energy future. We develop. We build. We own. We operate. We are Invenergy.
As a Director, Energy Storage Development, you will lead business development activities for utility scale energy storage projects throughout the United States. The Director, Energy Storage Development will identify opportunities in the marketplace and respond to them, support opportunities sourced through the Origination team and the Renewable Energy Development team as well as responding to opportunities within the marketplace. This position will be supported by the Energy Storage technical team and will be located in our Chicago headquarters.
- Identify and respond to opportunities for energy storage in the U.S. marketplace
- Lead business development and work collaboratively with the Origination and Development teams
- Actively participate in contract negotiations
- Work collaboratively with the Energy Storage technical team on critical issues including system design, project pricing, warranty and guarantee information for project components
- Lead the proposal process for energy storage
- Work with the internal Regulatory team to understand key market drivers, target critical markets for project development and guide legislation for storage development
- Work with the Commercial Analytics team to identify key requirements for system sizing and operational requirements
- Represent Invenergy LLC with customers, state and local officials, industry associations and other stakeholders.
- A BS or BA from an accredited college program. Engineering degree and MBA preferred.
- Technically competent and experienced in the Energy Storage field
- Recognized leadership in Energy Storage within the US Marketplace
- Demonstrated understanding of the Energy Storage wholesale marketplace in the US
- Strong organizational, networking, leadership, time management, and accounting skills.
- Strong public speaking and personal skills.
- Up to 50% travel will be required.