Director, Business Development - eClinical Solutions
Less than 5 years experience • Life Sciences & Research
My client is looking for a Director of Business Development – West Coast eClinical Solutions. This person must have recent and extensive sales experience with electronic data capture (EDC), eCOA, and ePRO – and will be responsible for strategic development and oversight of the business development efforts in California, and marketing strategies for the region.
Why here - why now?
As this is a small company who is emerging and coming into its own in the virtual, life science - tech space, this is a tremendous opportunity for someone looking to make a name for themselves and truly have an impact on the growth and development of the organization moving forward.
- Prospecting & Planning: Identify and prioritize high potential sales opportunities; Build rapport and educate customer with the use of internal and external resources
- Qualifying & Analysis: Develop an eClinical enterprise account strategy using customer's organizational structure, business strategies, short and medium term objectives, and budget that will guide sales activities.
- Building a Business Case: Establish a tailored value proposition for EDC, ePRO, and eCOA services by working closely with the prospect to identify value drivers and articulate the value throughout the organization.
- Proposing & Closing: Submit and present the customer with a finalized collaborative proposal with solutions, justifications, and expected results to overcome objections and win the business with maximum revenue.
- Ensure High Post-Sales Satisfaction: Oversee the implementation of the proposed eClinical solution by the integrated account team to ensure all expectations are met or exceeded.
- Establish and Maintain Influential Relationships: Network with people at all levels within targeted customer organizations (Pharma, Biotech, CRO, Med Dev) to navigate intense political and competitive environments and build consensus.
- Bachelor's degree in (ideally in Business, Marketing, or some related science field)
- At least 3 years of experience in pharma/life science software and tech sales or 5+ years generalized salesexperience where deal values exceed six figures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills; ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Familiarity with Sales Lifecycle Management including the use of CRM tools and various databases to document customer interactions
- Broad-based networking skills; demonstrated ability to build relationships and to communicate at senior management level