Akima, LLC is looking to hire a self-starting and highly motivated Senior Business Development Director for the Technology Services and Products Group to help lead strategic business development activities needed to win work in new markets. This individual will develop new customers and business areas in IT products, IT infrastructure, application development, and telecommunications. They will recapture expiring projects and programs, and will expand market penetration under existing accounts. The markets include Cyber, Cloud Migration, Data Center Services, Enterprise Database, Help Desk, Systems Engineering, and/or Agile Software Development Framework.
- Conducting market assessments and manage business development activities to support growth in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to include all Operations Support
- Identifying and qualifying new business development opportunities and assisting in the capture management and proposal development processes. These efforts will include assisting the Business Development team with the identification, qualification, and determination for bid on upcoming business development opportunities both inside and outside of the managers assigned business areas.
- Maintaining the “pipeline” for new business and recapture efforts of existing contracts, ensuring accuracy of the the data for allopportunities assigned under this position.data for all opportunities assigned under this position.
- Maintaining the “pipeline” for accuracy of the data for opportunities under multiple business lines, as needed.
- Focusing on new business pursuits that are stated objectives of the strategic plan for the business being supported. Markets will include, but aren’t limited to Data Center Migration, Enterprise Infrastructure, Cloud Migration, Systems Engineering, and/or Agile Software Development Framework.
- Participating in the development of annual and long range strategic business plans.
- Supporting the Senior Business Development and corporate leadership in staying aware of and preparing new business development opportunities, including: Upcoming business development targets; Market outreach events; Contract Industry Day events; Other important outreach events.
- Driving requirements for marketing and tradeshow strategies and attending tradeshows and networking events. Managing trade show efforts and keeping trade show booth and materials current.
- Meeting and maintaining close relationship with new and current customers.
- Contacting prospective customers using networking, referrals from current customers, POC listings from advance RFP postings, and professional organization meeting, conferences, and workshops.
- Managing the opportunity pipeline process with probability of win calculations, revenue projections, and direct input to the company budget and forecasting process.
- Performing initial analysis of proposed or actual request of capabilities, and RFP’s to determine technical, schedule, and content reasonableness, and profitability.
- Determining teaming requirements for Prime efforts; identifying and qualifying industry partners and identifying teaming opportunities for subcontracting opportunities.
- Provide proposal development support, as needed, to meet growth objectives.
- Serving as a Subject Matter Expert for the company business development proposal efforts.
- Working collaboratively with other assembled members of the company to design, develop, and publish proposal documents. .
- Proven track record of success in Business Development in the DHS contracting environment
- Minimum of 10 years of related BD experience
- Current Top Secret clearance with ability to obtain and maintain and SCI.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications;
- Experience in technical writing.
- Prior/Current Experience in multiples domains Data Center Migration, Enterprise Infrastructure, Cloud Migration, Systems Engineering, and/or Agile Software Development Framework
- Experience with DHS customers, including all Operations Support Components,
- Four (4) year degree from an accredited university. Masters Degree (MBA or Masters in Information Systems Management) preferred
- Active Duty Military experience
- Highly desired: 10-15 years of progressive experience in Business Development in DHS contracting environment.
- Current experience with DHS facilities programs in the areas of managing scope, quality, schedule, and cost for projects at a senior level.
- Proven ability to develop business at executive and mid-levels.
- Proven management track record – project level or higher – that illustrates success in BD, Government Program/Project management, and general management responsibilities.
- Knowledge of decision makers, strategic direction, and major programs in the subject market space.
- Ability to up sell and expand services from existing contracts.
- Successful track record developing business in new markets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of developing and delivering effective sales presentations.
- Excellent proposal development skills.
- Demonstrated success targeting and winning services contracts.
- Proven ability to develop and execute sales strategies leveraging partnerships with vendors and other industry partners.
- Strong interpersonal and relational skills.
- Detail-oriented with ability to multi-task.
- Collaborative leader with ability to pull together cross functional support for BD initiatives
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.