Opportunity at a Glance:
We are seeking a strategic, highly motivated and experienced Global Business Development Director. Reporting to the VP of Global Business Development, the focus of the role will be lead our efforts to identify and source new companies for acquisition pipeline.
The education industry is rapidly evolving domestically and internationally with private sector expansion playing a critical role in increasing educational coverage and quality around the world.
At this exciting time, we are actively looking to shape education in the US and around the globe by leveraging the success of and driving additional growth opportunities in its three verticals: Medical and Healthcare, Technology and Business and Professional Education.
The Director will be a key member of the business development team that operates with a private equity spirit but with the support, structure, values-based culture and operational experience of our organization. We are looking for an individual who shares our sense of purpose and who wants to make a positive impact in the world.
The position will manage all aspects of sourcing and deal origination including developing thesis areas, sourcing investable companies that align with identified areas of interest, strengthening the acquisition pipeline, performing the initial analysis on acquisition targets, participating in structuring and evaluating potential investment opportunities, due diligence and the integration processes.
The Director will execute the sourcing and deal origination functions with an emphasis on:
- Leading the deal origination activities with an emphasis on developing proprietary deal opportunities. Profiling and seeking acquisition candidates suitable for our vertical strategy.
- Coordinating with third party brokers and other sources to generate acquisition leads.
- Conducting proactive outreach to investment banking, private equity, venture capital, and othernetworks to source deals
- Evaluating and recommending specific acquisition targets. Communicating recommendations utilizing financial and analytical models.
- In conjunction with the Strategy and Corporate Development team, creating an acquisition strategy and roadmap with a global perspective.
- Assisting with acquisition processing including commercial analyses, due diligence deal documents, and integration.
- Maintaining a strategic vision by staying up-to-date on global M&A events, macroeconomic trends, regulatory developments and other public market information to advise business leaders and the rest of the team on trends and opportunities
- Establishing domain expertise through building a large network of entrepreneurs, tracking industry news and trade journals, and attending networking events
- Master’s degree preferably an MBA.
- 5+ years’ experience in M&A, growth equity or buyout investing, or business development activities in education, healthcare, Investment Banking, or Strategy Consulting, or similar, in US and Asia.
- 3+ years of experience working in Asia and a demonstrated capability to effectively work in different cultures.
- Mastery of a second language is highly desired.
- Demonstrated strong networking capabilities, written and spoken communication skills. Strong relationship building experience.
- Experience in preparing detailed analyses on acquisition prospects while also being able to provide a concise summary with key conclusions.
- Strong analytical skills, with extreme attention to detail, accuracy and accountability balanced with sound business judgment.
- Ability to lead all aspects of the business development lifecycle, thesis development, deal sourcing, and diligence.
- Demonstrated good financial modeling and valuation skills.
- Demonstrated interest in education sector.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed managing multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with management teams and other critical stakeholders.
- Investment banking, private equity, or business development experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent executive presence with strong interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to travel 50% of the time.
Job ID 2017-89524