For the last 30 years ViaSat has been trusted to provide secure products and communications systems to both commercial and government customers alike. ViaSat is a leading provider of advanced satellite and wireless communications and secure networking systems, products and services. It has leveraged its success developing complex communication systems and equipment for the U.S. Government and select commercial customers to develop end-to-end network solutions for a wide array of applications and customers. ViaSat operates in three segments: government systems, commercial networks and satellite services. Join the ViaSat team and help to continue ViaSat’s growth and leadership in the secure communications and networking fields!
As a ViaSat Director of Business Development, you will be a member of a team responsible for the business development sales and marketing for the Cyber Security business within the Secure Network Systems Business Area. The goal is to establish and increase the market share by establishing strong relationships with customers and strengthening relationships with current eco system partners. Our customer set includes financials, healthcare, high tech enterprise, regulated markets (utilities, oil, gas, etc.) federal, and DoD/military customers that purchase cybersecurity equipment and services. If these are your areas of expertise and you have a proven track record of delivering results – then we might just be the place you are looking for!
At ViaSat we are one team – fearless, unconventional, and committed to solving the industry’s toughest challenges, including those that most view as impossible. As a global broadband services and technology company, we’re the people actually connecting the world – whether it’s at 35, feet, in a boardroom, a rural town or on the battlefield, we’re connecting people to what matters most.
We think big, we disrupt, and we’re on a mission.
As our Director of Business Development, you will drive our business development activities for the Cyber Security business within our Secure Network Systems Business Area. Your entrepreneurial spirit will play a pivotal role in identifying new markets and emerging trends that will guide revenue growth for our business. In addition, your role will involve leading the development of new strategic partnerships and foster existing long-term relationships with customers in the DoD/Military, and from the financial, healthcare, high tech enterprise and regulated market space. As our ideal candidate, you’re ready to challenge assumptions, you operate with authenticity and integrity, and you have a proven track record of delivering results.
- 15+ years of business development experience (DoD/Federal customer and/or partner experiencepreferred).
- Verifiable track record of identifying and penetrating IC/DoD IT enterprises and/or regulated markets and increasing sales
- Verifiable track record of managing sales staff and leading teams for sales territories and market segments.
- Ability to work with inside sales, marketing, and CRM tools to manage sales funnel and team activities
- Ability to decipher market intelligence and perform analysis to educate product management teams and contribute to product roadmap decisions
- Ability to educate customers on the use of our products, technology, and services and the advantages ViaSat offers
- Experience in support of marketing analytics, monitoring competitive activity and identifying customer needs
- Proven ability to provide support in the planning, designing, and implementation of business plans
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to travel up to 50% or more
- US government related position. US citizenship
- Government TS Clearance
- Degree in Technical Discipline or Technical Marketing/Business Discipline
- Experience with cybersecurity products, vendors, and primary buyer markets
- Knowledge of cybersecuritytechnologies and standards including, security analytics, orchestration, malware detection, IDS, IPS, Firewalls, SOC, SIEM, virtualization technologies, keying/CA, HIPAA, FINRA, NERC CIP, FIPS140, NIST security standards, etc.
- Established customer relations/contacts with DoD/IC/Federal and select Fortune 500 C suite level, especially the financials, healthcare, insurance market and/or regulated markets