The Director of Business Development will report to the Chief Business Development Officer (CBO), Companion Diagnostics (CDx) and will lead activities to identify and facilitate opportunities to create and grow partnerships with pharmaceutical, biotechnology and related industry manufacturing companies in the use of Agilent's companion diagnostics products and services.
* Lead establishment of CDx partnerships to develop, register, manufacture and commercialize companion diagnostics in parallel with pharmaceutical and biotechnology targeted therapy and personalized/precision medicine programs
* Generate, secure and drive a continuous deal flow of attractive partnership opportunities that lead to high value agreements
* Primary lead to field and screen incoming partnership and licensing opportunities related to CDx
* Primary lead to solicit and pitch CDx capabilities, competencies and offerings tostrategically important potential new partners
* Primary lead negotiation role to establish partnership contracts, conduct due diligence and drive deal process to execution of contracts and related CDx business agreements
* Support, maintain and grow current and newly entered partnerships in an alliance management role to foster highly satisfied, customer focused CDx strategic alliances and partnerships
* Lead the development of financial models to support the business case for new CDx partnerships and projects
* Collect and analyze market and financial data to establish and present compelling business cases for CDx partnerships
* Drive development of deal specific work plans by project management and create key financial terms and budgets for new CDx partnership projects in collaboration with finance
* Devise market and product research to identify potential CDx partnerships with pharmaceutical and related industry organizations
* Lead due diligence of strategic emerging technologies related to CDx products and services as targets for potential partnership, in-licensing or acquisition.
* Develop and maintain a roadmap of all potential companion diagnostic partnerships to maintain a healthy, growing and diversified CDx partnership pipeline
* Understand and effectively engage a wide range of internal and external functional areas including Legal, IP, Finance, R&D, Regulatory Affairs, Operations, Sales & Marketing, Project Management and Alliance Management in order todevelop and maintain effective companion diagnostic partnerships services and solutions.ScheduleFull-timeRequirementsEducation:
Master's degree in Business Administration (MBA) and/or a PhD/Master's degree in a Life Sciences discipline with equivalent experience working in a business development, licensing or commercial business role for an In vitro Diagnostics (IVD) or Biopharma industry organization. Additional Experience in sales and marketing roles a plus.
10+ years of experience in the following:
* In-depth skills and expertise within the precision medicine space: co-development of companion diagnostics and targeted therapies
* Demonstrated extensive and successful track record of establishing partnering or licensing contracts within diagnostic, medical device or pharmaceutical industry, preferably within the field of companion diagnostics
* Working in a commercial business or financial analysis role involving companion diagnostic products/services
Additional experience preferred:
* 5+ years of direct management of employees responsible for business development activities.
Skills and Personal Characteristics:
* Analytical, able to extract and compile voluminous technical, market and financial data and construct business case recommendations
* Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills (written, verbal and oral) and required to effectively communicate with all levels of potential and current CDx pharma, biopharma and biotech partners
* Highly professional presentation skills
* Proactive, able to work with minimal direction
* Goal oriented with the drive for self-directed accomplishments
* Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required