The Flintco Business Development Director is responsible for initiating and cultivating new business, and maintaining relationships with potential and repeat customers, architects, engineers and subcontractors, all within a particular geographic location or segment of the company, and in cooperation with corporate goals and the marketing plans of the Executive Vice President.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
All duties and responsibilities include the following, however, other duties may be assigned. To perform in this position successfully, an individual must be able toperform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Perform research (prospect) and client contact to identify and prioritize potential markets and customers. Determine client needs and evaluate company resources and capabilities in light of those needs.
- Meet with client management, staff and supervisory personnel to explain character, policies, skills, resources, and capabilities of the company.
- Assist in the development of company marketing plans and goals, and in developing strategy for management client contacts regarding new work, contractnegotiation, claims resolution, and future work potential.
- Call on architects, engineers and subcontractors to stay informed of forthcoming and contingent projects. Notify management group of sales activities and approximate timing for company proposal and bid submittals.
- Identify new work leads and manage lead follow-up, record keeping and information distribution.
- Assist in implementation of business development action plans formulated by the corporate business development office.
- Provides data and assistance in establishing regional office overhead budgets with area leadership team.
- Perform added assignments at supervisor's direction.
- Supports and adheres to the matrix organizational format.
- Models and reinforces safety as a top priority of the organization. Always wears a hard hat and other appropriate personal protective equipment in the field.
- Meets schedules and deadlines, adheres to policies and procedures and maintains a good attendance/tardiness record.
- Ensures client satisfaction, both internally and externally, through positive, pleasant, professional and efficient handling of issues.
- Exercises good interpersonal skills by gladly assisting others to accomplish work of the organization, even it is outside the scope of regular duties.
Ability to represent to all persons the Flintco Ethos that encourages the highest level of performance, integrity and morale. Practices excellent communciation skills. Reads, analyzes and interprets documents such as requests for proposals (RFP), requests for qualifications (RFQ), owner contracts and project manuals. Writes routine reports and correspondence. Reads and comprehends simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Effectively presents information togroups of clients, employees of organization or top management. Adds, subtracts, multiplies and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Computes rates, ratios and precentages and creates/interprets bar graphs. Interprets a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form. Applies concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations. Defines problems, collects data, establishes facts and draws valid conclusions. Organizes and manages time, duties and activities efficiently.
Bachelor's degree from a 4 year college or university or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
10 years' construction relataed experience with 3 years experience in a variety of marketing and/or sales functions or an equivalent of education and experience.