The Director, Business Development role is focused on acquiring and retaining high-value clients for ACM Clinical Trials, and subsequently generating new business awards (sales) from the assigned client base. This is a field-based sales position within an assigned client roster primarily based on geographic elements. The position is responsible for managing the entire process of account management, including initial introduction, capabilities presentations, relationship development, proposal acquisition & oversight, sales closing, negotiation of awards, service related follow up, and expansion of opportunities with each client.
ACM Global Laboratory’s global clinical trials span over 65 countries with locations in Rochester, NY, United States; York, United Kingdom; Mumbai, India; Shanghai, China; and Singapore. Our Director of Business Development will be a strategic member of our Clinical Trials team, working closely with our Scientific Affairs, Logistics and Project Management teams to strategically support our customers.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
SCHEDULE: Monday - Friday
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent tenure and experience within the central labs, laboratory or clinical trials required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of relevant experience within sales, clinical trials management or drug development required.
- Experienced user of SalesForce.com preferred.
- Business Development. Acquire and retain high-value clients, including pharmaceutical, biotechnology, device, and Clinical Research Organization (CRO) companies. Drive sales awards from assigned accounts to meet ACM targets and growth objectives. Manage global/international opportunities with appropriate Sales partners at ACM US or ACM Europe. Adhere, respond, and/or maintain various administrative processes and tasks such as expense reporting, employee requirements, travel planning, and required training.
- Strategic Client Relations. Develop and maintain in-depth relationships with client decision makers and influences. Develop effective client strategies to optimize sales results and overcome competition. Provide input and oversee the Proposal/Opportunity process, in concert with the Clinical Trials Proposals, Operations, and Scientific Affairs staff.
- Client Management. Provide routine input on status, progress, and results into appropriate Client Relationship Management (CRM) platforms, such as SalesForce.com. Act as a client advocate and provider of market and competitive information to direct and enable ACM Clincal Trial capability and process improvements.
Job ID REQ_88975