Our Accounts team oversees the development of client business across the Cashmere Agency network to meet the increasing demand for progressively transformative partnership relationships. Our team’s role is to identify, qualify, pursue and win strategic and tactical new business, and create a smooth integration for our new clients into the agency. Reporting to the VP, Accounts, the Director, Business Development will be a driving force for the agency and its clients. The ideal candidate for this role offers a well-developed agency pipeline and has outstanding prospects and business contacts to initiate and foster new business relationships.
- Support and define the development of the new business acquisition strategy in collaboration with Sr. Leadership that fulfills the vision of Cashmere Agency
- Support the establishment and organization of the agency’s growth proposition, involving a deep focus on growing agency accounts from project-based to long-term strategic engagements
- Continuously define new business processes, and manage that process in collaboration with the VP of Accounts and other agency stakeholders involved in generating business
- Consistently drive an ever-evolving prospecting strategy and client outreach strategy, leveraging the latest in agency updates and offerings
- Support agency leadership in strategically understanding and vetting client needs, potential upsides, and long-term growth opportunities
Operational Responsibilities :
- Qualitatively identify new business opportunities and proactively initiate new client conversations
- Collaborate with Account Team to identify opportunities to grow existing business
- Maintain close relationships with current and previous clients to help generate repeat business
- Develop and maintain a strategic and consistent client contact cadence, to ensure that Cashmere Agency stays top of mind
- Watch and strategically analyze industry trends and announcements, particularly in the entertainment sector, to provide proactive recommendations and insights for new business opportunities
- Work cross-functionally with service department heads to identify opportunities to increase scopes and partnerships
- Develop the new business pipeline by quantitatively measuring and prioritizing opportunities, with a focus on the right fit and scale for Cashmere Agency
- Identify and actively pursue new business leads that align with Cashmere’s values and strategic vision with consistent follow-up to ensure the win of new accounts
- Accurately document the life-cycle of new business leads from the prospecting phase to client phase
- Confidently lead creds/pitch presentations and complete RFP/RFIs
- Contribute to presentations and other marketing materials
- Collaborate across Account Team members and cross-functionally to develop client proposals
- Develop and maintain a client and prospect database
- Conduct targeted marketing, outbound activities and intermediary engagement
- Leverage existing partnerships and look to develop new ones
- Represent Biz Dev at new business meetings and agency updates to share relevant accounts updates, strategic goals and formative approach to agency sales
- Help to report new business pipeline and priorities internally to contribute to proactive resourcing and staffing decisions
- Intimately understand Cashmere’s capabilities as an agency
- Become immersed in agency history, case studies, and strategic direction
- Leverage an understanding of marketing campaigns across Social, Digital, TV/Radio Broadcast, Film, Print, and Media to drive new business opportunities
- Develop and maintain relationships across various industry verticals
- Seek to acquire and understand clients’ business, motivations, needs, and establish an articulate and business savvy response that meets their needs
- Understand needs and align clients with buyable services at relevant stages during their account with Cashmere
- Understand the practicalities of resourcing, concepting, production, and delivery
- Strategically and rapidly build strong relationships with clients and Cashmere Agency teams
- Successfully integrate new accounts into Cashmere’s business sphere ensuring a smooth transition to assigned teams
- Be an ambassador for Cashmere Agency and our values with clients and partners
- BS/BA in Marketing, Business Administration, or related area of study
- 7 to 10+ years of experience in business development or sales capacity within a marketing agency, entertainment, or media
- Proven track record in the development of new business, growth of existing business, and client retention
- Proven ability to package and sell Cashmere’s agency services, including social media, public relations, creative, experiential, etc.
- Ability and experience in communicating with client leadership, including C-suite level executives at fortune 500 companies
- Ability to manage teams directly and cross-functionally to deliver fully integrated marketing plans
- Proven ability to prioritize, be assertive, detailed oriented, self-starting and a willingness to take ownership and follow-through
- Must be confident, charismatic, and a credible business professional
- Exceptional negotiation skills and ability to comprehend and creatively solve clients’ business challenges
- Experience working in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Must have valid state-issued Driver License
- Must be able to travel locally, domestically (and rarely internationally) as needed up to 25%
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
Cashmere’s core values are:
- Own the work. Elevate each other.
- Seek to understand. Speak with intent.
- Spark Something. Challenge everything.
- Make room. Make change.
- Set the standard. Be undeniably dope.