This person will be responsible for driving revenue for Blackhawk in a specific geography as well as a specific target list. They will create sales strategy, call into retailer accounts, prepare and present to a C suite prospect, communicate the value of our offerings, ultimately executing new sales contracts with Retail Content Partners. S/he will need to be a team player who can work closely with fellow Business Development Representatives, Product Implementation, Alliance Sales, Account Management, Marketing, Operations, IT and Legal teams. This person will need to be an excellent negotiator and have above average communication skills. Ultimately being successful enrolling Blackhawk's Partners into the many new and exciting opportunities for distribution and revenue growth that are available.
- Effectively present Blackhawk Network's offerings to Retail prospects.
- Cold Call into a target list of prospects selling the value of a partnership with Blackhawk.
- CRM experience in managing a pipeline of accounts through to close.
- Be skilled in setting objectives for how to conduct your day effectively.
- Able to set your own strategies as well as formulating plans to enable your prospect to best see the value of partnership with Blackhawk.
- Focus strategic efforts against measurable performance requirements and targets.
- Maintain a highly responsive approach that delivers high levels of service and quality during the sales cycle with prospects
- Ongoing time spent developing your own selling skills.
- Work cross-functionally within Blackhawk to cross-sell and close new prospects with ability to understand and work through technological challenges
- Develop and refine sales strategies to support the company's evolving initiatives
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Ability to build and maintain relationships at an executive level internally and externally
- Proven record of sales success
- Ability to understand and manage technical details of various programs and explain key elements to prospects
- Ability to learn and communicate complex and intangible product concepts that are still in development.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, time management, and multi-tasking abilities.
- Ability to prioritize and focus within tight deadlines with limited direction.
- Ability to present to C-level executives.
- High degree of initiative and keen sense of urgency.
- Ability to think and communicate strategically, formulate sales and action plans and sell them through to prospects
- "Prepaid" experience and/or retail experience an asset.
- 4 year university degree
- 8+ years of strategic sales experience.