The AWS Platform Business Development (BD) team drives incubation and market development of new and emerging technologies from computer vision and cybersecurity to artificial intelligence and internet of things. We are looking for a senior and seasoned Managing Director of Business Development to help define and execute global incubation and market development efforts for Database Services (which includes a broad portfolio of services across relational and non-relational data stores, big data, analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence). This is a unique opportunity to develop and execute on a global strategy to help enterprises, SMBs, and startups on their journey to adopting cloud technologies.
The successful candidate will be a broad leader – part market maker, part operator and part general manager. This leader will build a strategy focused on winning new customer segments and growing existing customer segments for the long term. One should have experience in market development of cloud infrastructure and/or enterprise applications, and is a self-starter willing to operate in a multifaceted way. The candidate must possess strong leadership skills, and have the ability to execute on key business initiatives. The role will require working with the overall ecosystem to help secure lighthouse customers, to drive top-line revenue for new services, and also develop strategic partnerships, including enabling strategic platform/technology partners. This is an exciting opportunity to own the global go-to-market definition and execution of AWS’s strategy for AWS Database Services.
Your responsibilities will include defining strategic compute workloads tailored to enterprise IT, Line of Business (LOB) apps, and emerging computing to drive the necessary business and technical relationships with customers and partners. You will also develop mechanisms to establish new business in target market segments, and enable the global field organization to drive the day-to-day interactions to identify prospects for long-term business opportunities. The role will also entail targeting emerging workloads like artificial intelligence (machine/deep learning), big data, caching, and SaaS just to name a few. You will work very closely with the global Sales, Partner, and Professional Services teams to identify prioritize areas of focus and opportunities, help drive adoption and market penetration within various globally. You’ll also be the voice of the customer and work closely with the product teams to help them evolve the products and address issues, concerns, and requests from the field.
· 15+ years of experience in business development, market development strategic partnerships, or program/product management relates to infrastructure and cloud technology
· Global Experience, proven people management and experience leading large, diverse teams.
· Experience working with new product and service development teams, and outbound functions
· Experience working with Sr. Stakeholders and Executive teams
· Track record of building rapport with senior customer executives (e.g. CEO, CIO, CTO), building close relationships, and closing large revenue accounts.
· Experience and success in negotiating complex deals with customers and partners
· Motivated self-starter, proactive and action-oriented
· Strong problem solving and collaboration skills
· MBA/Technical Master’s Degree
- Prior experience growing database services
· Experience working with C-Level Executives including written, presentation and verbal communications
· Experience working in a training and enablement organization
· Experience with technology – cloud computing, SaaS, PaaS, etc – would be a plus.
Job ID: 610147