Akima, LLC is looking to hire a self-starting and highly motivated Senior Business Development Director for the Technology Services and Products Group to help lead strategic business development activities needed to win work in new markets, to develop new customers and business areas, to recapture expiring projects and programs, and to expand market penetration under existing accounts.
- Conducting market assessments and manage business development activities to support growth throughout DoD, specifically Navy and/or Civilian and related markets.
- Be responsible for identifying and qualifying new business development opportunities and assisting in the capture management and proposal development processes. These efforts will include assisting the Business Development team with the identification, qualification, and determination for bid on upcoming business development opportunities both inside and outside of the managers assigned business areas.
- Responsible for maintaining the “pipeline” for new business and recapture efforts of existing contracts, ensuring accuracy of the data for all opportunities assigned under this position.
- Responsible for maintaining the “pipeline” for accuracy of the data for opportunities under multiple business line, as needed.
- New business pursuits should be focused on, stated objectives of the strategic plan from the business being supported. Markets will include, but aren’t limited to Data Center Migration, Enterprise Infrastructure, Cloud Migration, Systems Engineering, and/or Agile Software Development Framework.
- Participate in the development of annual and long range strategic business plans.
- Support the Senior Business Development and corporate leadership in staying aware of and preparing new business development opportunities, including: Upcoming business development targets; Market outreach events; Contract Industry Day events; Other important outreach events.
- Drive requirements for marketing and tradeshow strategies and attend tradeshows and networking events. Manage trade show efforts and keep trade show booth and materials current.
- Meet and maintain close relationship with new and current customers.
- Contact prospective customers using networking, referrals from current customers, POC listings from advance RFP postings, and professional organization meeting, conferences, and workshops.
- Manage the opportunity pipeline process with probability of win calculations, revenue projections, and direct input to the company budget and forecasting process.
- Perform initial analysis of proposed or actual request of capabilities, and RFP’s to determine technical, schedule, and content reasonableness, and profitability.
- Determine teaming requirements for Prime efforts; identify and qualify industry partners and identify teaming opportunities for subcontracting opportunities.
- Provide proposal development support, as needed, to meet growth objectives.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert for the company business development proposal efforts
- Work collaboratively with other assembled members of the company to design, develop, and publish proposal documents
- · 10-15 years desired years of progressive experience in Business Development in DoD contracting environment.
- · Current Top Secret clearance with ability to obtain and maintain and SCI.
- · Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications; Experience in technical writing.
Prior/Current Experience in multiples domains Data Center Migration, Enterprise Infrastructure, Cloud Migration, Systems Engineering, and/or Agile Software Development Framework
- · Four (4) year degree from an accredited university. Masters Degree (MBA or Masters in Information Systems Management) preferred
- · Active Duty Military experience
- · Current experience with DoD facilities programs in the areas of managing scope, quality, schedule, and cost for projects at a senior level.
- · Proven ability to develop business at executive and mid-levels.
- · Proven management track record – project level or higher – that illustrates success in BD, Government Program/Project management, and general management responsibilities.
- · Knowledge of decision makers, strategic direction, and major programs in the subject market space.
- · Ability to up sell and expand services from existing contracts.
- · Successful track record developing business in new markets.
- · Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- · Capable of developing and delivering effective sales presentations.
- · Excellent proposal development skills.
- · Demonstrated success targeting and winning services contracts.
- · Proven ability to develop and execute sales strategies leveraging partnerships with vendors and other industry partners.
- · Strong interpersonal and relational skills.
- · Detail-oriented with ability to multi-task.
- · Collaborative leader with ability to pull together cross functional support for BD initiatives