Director, Business Development
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA, USAMARKETINGFULL-TIME
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
As a newly created role at Aera, the Director, Business Development is a key leader responsible for generating demand for Aera's product while monitoring sales metrics and managing the sales lead generation process. The Director willcollaborate with marketing and sales leaders so it's essential to have excellent communication skills and feel comfortable working in a team environment. The ability to build, lead and motivate an inside business development team to achieve matrixed goals is critically important.
The BDR leader must be able to build a high-performing team to develop, implement and deliver successful lead-generation campaigns. Key performance indicators (KPI's) will demonstrate the team's ability to positively impact the sales funnel by creating and nurturing qualified sales opportunities. In collaboration with Aera's Marketing and Sales Executives, the Sales Development Team will establish and manage marketing plans and budgets, while promoting awareness of the Aera's brand within their region.
Please note: We are interested in considering every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, at the present time, we are not able to sponsor visas.
- Hold team accountable to develop quarterly cold-calling and prospecting strategies and plans that tie tonew business generation
- Establish and monitor the performance of a team of Business Development Representatives (BDRs) and ensure they are driving the desired activity levels
- Suggest and implement improvements in the sales administration processBe the Business Development SME and to-go
- Report Sales Development performance to Aera executives and functional team leads; track, measure and report on the metrics of the programs and campaigns
- Ensure all team members have a developed monthly activity requirement as well as a monthly quota expectation. You'll report on results via a quarterly review process and dashboards for their assignedpartners
- Leverage existing CRM automation tools to execute campaigns that meet and exceed demand generation goals as well as all best practices (such as telemarketing/cold calling/lead generation activities)
- Provide leadership support within the team and cross-functionally, as needed
- Develop strategies to drive attendance in executing field events such as training, demand generation events, webinars, advisory councils and summits
- Experience in multiple facets of lead-generating activities including campaigns, e-marketing, social media, etc.
- Proven success managing inside sales teams in a matrixed environment
- Ability to take full accountability and strategically impact the success of the BDR team as it directlyrelates to driving the new business of the company
- Must be a highly motivated individual with a results-driven orientation, capable of multitasking within a fast-paced, and growing organization
- Project and program management skills with demonstrated examples of end-to-end ownership and delivery of multi-faceted marketing programs
- Hands-on experience with sales and marketing automation systems including SFDC
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; must be able to work independently and communicate fluidly with sales teams and multiple levels of management
- Experience in managing budgets and reporting
- 7-10 year's experience with field marketing, channel marketing or channel sales background
- BA or BS minimum; MBA preferred
At Aera, we're on a mission to solve the biggest, most intractable challenges of enterprise software. We envision the rise of the Self-Driving Enterprise: a more autonomously functioning business with a central operating system that connects and orchestrates business operations. Our platform is increasingly used by the world's largest companies to identify and respond to market opportunities faster.