Director - Business Development
The Director works directly with the campus administrator and the executive team on the campus to develop and implement business development initiatives that are in harmony with the campus’s strategic plan and priorities. The Director leads engagements with physicians, philanthropists, and key stakeholders. The Director must have a passion for delivering high-quality and high-touch services to our community and have a genuine commitment to maintaining positive physician relations. The Director must be high energy, committed to producing individual results, and possess drive and desire to work in a fast-paced, high-growth, team-based environment. The Director actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Healthcare Administration, or related field
- Minimum five years experience in strategy/business development, philanthropy, public relations, marketing, sales and/or finance
- Minimum two years leadership experience (direct oversight of FTEs and/or organizational strategies)
- Minimum one yearexperience in healthcare strategy, marketing, finance, philanthropy, public relations and/or operations
- Strong communication and presentation skill-set
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills and follow-through
- Ability to work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams across department lines
- Proven ability to work effectively with diverse populations
- Advanced ability to interact with and influence senior management
- Competence in the latest software, including but not limited to the Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, to organize and integrate organization priorities and deadlines
- Ability to research, prepare comprehensive reports, and recommend and implement successful strategies
- Ability to successfully negotiate to achieve or exceed goals
- Ability to develop and initiate, in conjunction with key stakeholders and physicians, strategies for growth and development
- Proven knowledge in the business of healthcare
- Ability to read, analyze, and report on financial statements and market reports
- Master’s degree in Business or Healthcare Administration highly preferred (Preferred)
- Five years of experience in healthcare strategy (Preferred)
- Five years of experience in executive leadership in healthcare (Preferred)
- Knowledge of physician practice operations (Preferred)
- Consumer marketing skills (Preferred)
- Physician marketing skills (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
Demonstrates, through behavior, Florida Hospital’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork
- Revenue Center Creation: Identify, manage and cultivate new revenue and/or partnership strategies and relationships to secure new business opportunities.
- FHMG Practices: Directly interface with FPMG physicians and senior leadership for employed physician alignment ensuring financial stability and market growth.
- Community Physician Recruitment: Assess market for physician needs, develop strategies and ensure successful recruitment and start up of physician practice(s).
- Physician Engagement, Models, and Contracts: Develop strategy and ensure implementation of physician engagement plan. Develop physician models and contracts and ensure successful implementation.
- Proforma and Business Plan Development: Develop all business plans and provide oversight to the proforma process. Ensure all parties are informed, approvals received and implementation is successful.
- Market Element Owner. Provide leadership to the campus Market Element committee and report to campus council, the campus executive team and the campus administrator on a regular basis. Ensure consumer and physician marketing and community relations activities/focus are aligned with the campus strategic plan and result in meeting/exceeding market scorecard goals.
- Market Analysis: Regularly review market dynamics and trends and report to senior leadership.