ADT Inc. (NYSE: ADT) is a leading provider of security and automation solutions in the United States and Canada, protecting homes and businesses, people on-the-go and digital networks. Making security more accessible than ever before, and backed by 24/7 customer support, ADT is committed to providing superior customer service with a focus on speed and quality of responsiveness, helping customers feel safer and empowered. ADT is headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida and employs approximately 19,000 people throughout North America. For more information, visit www.adt.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
Overview and Responsibilities
ADT's Business Development organization is responsible for driving revenue with new and existing partners through specifically defined key verticals. The Director will report to the SVP, Business Development and be a crucial part of the team managing key verticals with the responsibility of securing new and existing partnerships.
- Lead negotiations with potential partners from proposals through negotiations.
- Requires Director to have a strategic viewpoint about deals for internal approval, pitch the deal to the partner, and lead the execution of the partnership both internally and externally.
- Support SVP with large partner negotiations through managing internal relationships with Legal, Strategy, Marketing and Operations as well as knowing the existing contracts and partner specific data.
- Develop and manage relationships both internally and externally to advance the goals of driving revenue and building partnerships.
- Account management responsibility for both existing and new accounts. This entails both building and nurturing relationships with client counterparts as well as overseeing all day-to-day obligations with such accounts. The Sr Director should be responsive, solutions oriented and proactive both internally and externally.
- Represent client point of view internally with peers and stakeholders at ADT.
- Lead account specific strategy and relationship management, both internally and externally.
- Oversee reporting, data collection and analysis for all key accounts, including proactively identifying areas of opportunity and improvement.
- Identify and assess new business opportunities with new accounts and areas within existing verticals to drive incremental revenue streams.
- Develop and communicate insights on key issues within the industry, including account specific information and analyzing quarterly earnings reports.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience, including sales or business development experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- MBA preferred
- Exceptional people skills – including skills required to build and maintain excellent client relationships
- Expertise in PowerPoint and presentation writing
- Outstanding written and oral communication
- Expertise in project management
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to proactively prioritize and manage multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Experience working across large organizations
- Goal-oriented team player
- Ability to thrive, adapt and re-prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Extremely proactive and results oriented approach to all tasks
- Proven ability to think strategically and analytically