The Information Technology Office seeks a highly motivated and experienced IT professional committed on providing extraordinary customer service to enhance the VCCS enterprise-wide systems focusing on enterprise level applications. The VCCS operates enterprise-wide Oracle/PeopleSoft applications, which include Financial Management 9.1/PeopleTools 8.52 and Human Capital Management and Campus Solutions 9.0/ PeopleTools 8.53 in a split production environment. The Oracle/PeopleSoft applications run on Oracle 12g databases.
The chief objective of this position is to serve as a member of the Information Technology Service management staff and provide effective leadership for four teams assigned to the business unit. This position will initiate and manage in a coordinated way projects or programs consisting of related projects.
Key responsibilities include:
Leads the planning for, communicates and coordinates the execution of, all initiatives and activities across organization.
Directs the work of a team of Business Systems Analyst focused on providing business system analyst and consulting services to 25 major business units.
Develops scope of work and the related plans for all major projects.
Conducts periodic project reviews and executive reviews.
Maintains project, resource and budget plans.
Provides technical subject matter expertise as needed.
Oversees skills transfer and personnel development for all support personnel.
Ensures adequate resources are available.
Continually ensures commitment of B&PSS management and personnel.
- A Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field; or combination of relevant education and experience that provide the required level of knowledge, skills and ability to successfully perform the functions of the job requirements.
- Substantial knowledge of cited functions required of the position.
- Demonstrated experience in managing, supervising, or leading a diverse team of information technology professionals.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in managing multiple, large, cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders.
- Experience in supporting the analysis and documentation of business needs and support of large scale, complex, commercial off-the-shelf software systems to meet those business needs.
- Extremely high level of expertise and extensive experience providing customer service in a technology area.
- Proven track record motivating highly skilled technical staff to work together as a team and accomplish significantly complicated tasks.
- Demonstrated project management experience in IT-focused setting
- Demonstrated experience in requirements gathering.
- Demonstrated experience in business process analysis.
- PeopleSoft Financial Management: Accounts Payable, Budgeting/Commitment Control, General Ledger, Purchasing and Asset Management, PeopleSoft Human Resource Management: Absence Management, Benefits, Human Resources, Payroll, Time and Labor, and/or Campus Solutions: Academic Advising, Academic Records, Admissions, Campus Community, Financial Aid, Student Records, Student Finance.
- Considerable working experience in a higher education setting;
- Prior customer supportexperience including use of problem ticketing system;
- Prior experience with process improvement methodologies including ITIL.
- Master's degree in Information Management, Computer Science or related field or Project Management certification.
- State Project Certification or ability to obtain State Project Certification within the first year of employment.