- Recognized leader: Rated #1 Prepaid Wireless Provider in the U.S.
- Technology driven: Opportunity to work with state-of-the-art technology
- Teamwork: A supportive team environment that thrives on innovation.
- Culture: An entrepreneurial focus, where ownership and ingenuity are expected.
- Benefits: Excellent health benefits, Matching 401K, and education reimbursement.
What you will do:
The Director, Business Analytics serves as the champion of all financial planning, performance reporting and financial oversight for the Marketing organization. This role will work with a wide variety of internal stakeholders including Finance, Sales, Product Development, Customer Marketing, Portfolio Marketing and Value Added Services (VAS) to build pragmatic business cases and manage the financial performance of marketing programs, as well as, the financial performance of product and service offerings.
This role will work closely with the marketing organization and lead the financials reporting across the marketing organization including: work with portfolio and product managers to build attainable business cases and financial projections, lead the reporting and tracking of all launches, lead the tracking and reporting for the brands and underlying product and services, support the financial preparation for all business reviews.
Lead financial analysis and performance monitoring across the marketing organization:
- Lead all forecasting and reporting across the organization by brands, products and services
- Develop strategies to improve P&L performance at the brand level
- Integrate with Finance to improve Lifetime Revenue (LTR) and Lifetime Value (LTV)
- Bridge Accounting, Finance, Sales, and Marketing efforts as a central coordinator
- Serve as key financial contact for Neustar, improving the allocation of trade and media dollars
Lead Business case development for Service Plan Requests (SPR), New Product Development (NPD), and Commercialization processes:
- Lead the business case development with the marketing organization; creating, deploying and administering financial projections in the SPR, NPD and Commercialization processes
- Drive smarter growth by inserting financial mindset into decision making processes across the marketing organization including SPR process (rate plans), VAS, phones and other devices
- Drive financial analysis of brand portfolio strategy providing insight into opportunities for incremental profitably growth, and opportunities for rationalization due to sub-optimal financial performing SKUs (products, plans, devices and services).
- Work with IT to automate the tools and ongoing performance tracking, including but not limited to automating the SPR process, Service Plan Request (SPR) scorecard and reporting out, Brand Portfolio scorecards, Customer Marketing scorecards, VAS scorecards, etc.
- As part of the Commercialization process, create and deploy a Product and Service Vitality Reporting process that measures and monitors the performance of all new product and service launch for all brands, product and services.
Prepare and conduct financial reporting in business reviews:
- Create ongoing scorecards and ongoing financial reporting for business reviews.
- Lead a lean methodology framework for creating and managing score cards (by brands, products, service, devices, etc.)
- Create reporting tools to diagnosis financial health of brand and service portfolios such as margin walks.
- Develop a pricing analysis discipline including tools, processes and analytics to evaluate service plan pricing. Identify opportunities to maximize margins while maintain a competitive, value position in the market. Set up ongoing stakeholders reviews and recommend pragmatic actions to improve financial performance.
- Advise Marketing Officer, Sr. Officer of Finance, SVP of Finance, VP Portfolio Management, VP VAS, Brand Leaders and Product Leaders on pricing strategies and optimal price points.
Lead Budgeting and Financial planning process:
- Lead an annual, bottom-build budgeting process for multi-million annual marketing spend across four cost centers.
- Reconcile budget plan to actual on a monthly basis. Conduct monthly reforecasting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related discipline. MBA or Masters degree preferred.
- 10 or more years of financial and pricing analysis with deep experience in building business cases, financial reporting, and pricing analytics. Statistical analysis is a plus.
- Proficient in SQL.
- Advanced MS Office Excel user
- Ability to perform financial analysis within very large Excel-based models.
- Advanced Microsoft Access user preferred.
- Proficient in Tableau or other related reporting tool.
- SAS, R or Python knowledge preferred.
- Strong business and strategic acumen; with a keen ability to apply financial analysis into pragmatic marketing recommendations.
- Understanding of New Product Development (NPD) process with three years of experience building business cases and launch projections.
- Three years of experience applying Lean Methodology such as score cards, bowling charts, pareto analysis, brain charts, KPI dashboards
- Experience in pricing studies is ideal, including techniques such as pocket pricing.
- Experience with streamlining processes to ensure productivity and effectiveness across functional teams.
- Strong interpersonal and customer/client service skills; diplomatic, collaborative, and responsive.
- Superior communication and presentation skills; confident and articulate.