At Bright Horizons, every day brings something new. As a child care director, you will have a chance to inspire the passion in your teachers, have a moment of pure connection with a child or parent, embrace an unexpected challenge that evolves into an opportunity to apply your intelligence, share your compassion and character in creating a solution – and every day, you’ll find your business focus balanced by a unique and very real sense of fulfillment.Apply now to join the Bright Horizons team as an on-site leader at one of our beautiful centers. You will play a key role in creating and refining the center’s culture by supporting teachers in the development of an innovative, hands-on, emergent curriculum designed for the children in your care and building an environment where the children, families and staff thrive.
Bright Horizons at 2nd Street is located in downtown San Francisco. A great location to work! Close to all that SF Bay has to offer including great places to grab lunch on a beautiful day. The center is unique, offering full service and back up care for busy families. We are licensed for 137 children from infants to school age at this location.
As a center director at Bright Horizons, you will:
- Grow your team by hiring, training, supervising and inspiring a team of passionate, committed teachers
- Collaborate with families to support and share the educational needs of their children
- Nurture your career aspirations and personal growth through ongoing training and support
- Inspire each child’s potential through our innovative curriculum, inclusive environment and strong family partnerships
- Play an integral role in continuing the Bright Horizons commitment to quality
- Enjoy the support of a corporate team dedicated to helping you manage the daily operations of the center
At Bright Horizons, we support our employees in their lives both at home and at work. We ensure a work environment in which each employee's chosen path is respected, rewarded, and celebrated.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; High School diploma/GED required
- 3-5 years of management/leadership experience
- A combination of infant, toddler or preschool teaching experience
- Well-versed in NAEYC accreditation and licensing standards
- Strong leadership, supervisory and customer service skills and ability to create/maintain partnerships with families and staff
- Ability to lead staff in implementing a developmentally appropriate curriculum
- Strong organizational and communication skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks or crisis situations effectively
- Capacity to understand and manage center financial duties
- Computer literacy
- Experience working in an inclusive work environment and managing across differences
- Must meet state educational and licensing requirements for director; additional center/school requirements may apply