The Director of Brand Strategy, Tech/Telco will be responsible for developing long term, strategic, partnerships with fortune 1,000 Tech/Telco industry brand marketers, helping them achieve greater transparency in their paid media and greater efficacy and effectiveness in their media and marketing strategy across all screens, in real time or anytime. The role requires a highly consultative sales approach and expertise in crafting and communicating solutions to marketer problems and challenges, analyze those challenges and where Samba's TV data and services can provide effective solutions. Candidates must be highly motivated, professionally mature, possess outstanding communication skills, have demonstrated knowledge of how Tech/Telco marketers use data to inform media strategy, understand business outcomes, and execute successful partnership programs that deliver measurable business impact, while willing to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and growing environment. There will be opportunities to influence the direction of the Samba TV product roadmap and go to market strategy.
- Must be a Tech/Telco vertical expert (preferably both) with an acute understanding of the media planning, buying, and measurement needs, and the timing of these cycles.
- Establish the go to market strategy for the Tech/Telco verticals, which will include a playbook that addresses the unique needs of each vertical.
- Possess an extensive contact list of key media and measurement decision makers across top Tech/Telco verticals.
- Further develop and own senior relationships across all critical client functional groups including Executive Leadership, Brand Management, Strategy, Planning, Investment, Programmatic, and Research/Marketing Sciences, demonstrating a thorough understanding of the account's organization, needs and revenue potential.
- Be the subject matter expert with in-depth knowledge of Samba's core products and offerings, the competitive landscape and the target brand accounts in the Tech/Telco verticals.
- Develop goals and strategic business plans to sell Samba's suite of TV data, analytics, measurement and attribution solutions to Tech/Telco vertical marketers and advertisers, then prospect, qualify, close and scale these plans into multi-million dollar, multi-year partnerships.
- Persuasively communicate Samba's offerings and unique value-proposition to advertisers via email, phone and in-person presentations and discussion.
- Collaborate with Samba TV executive leadership, marketing, product management and client services to deliver proposals that exceed business objectives and expectations.
- Collaborate with internal agency sales partners on best ways to drive new and incremental revenue through brand direct efforts.
- Build and maintain accurate revenue forecasts, then meet or exceed revenue quotas against the Tech/Telco verticals.
- Autonomous milestone tracking and management of business and account plans.
- BA/BS degree required, MBA preferred
- Tech/Telco vertical expertise
- Demonstrated ability to perform against quota and excel in a highly competitive market
- Proven sales success with a minimum of 10+ years total experience in advertising, data, analytics, digital media, mobile ad and marketing technology sales
- Demonstrated strategic, consultative and analytical sales approach with focus on building partnerships with clients
- Prior work at Media Agency or Ad Tech/ad sales company in a Tech/Telco client-facing role or (preferably) internally at a Tech/Telco client in brand management or media
- Customer-focused leadership with excellent communication, networking and negotiation skills
- Willingness to travel to outside markets
- In depth knowledge of the TV and Digital advertising industry a must
- Willingness to entertain clients during evenings and occasionally weekends
- Strong references with partners, customers and colleagues
- Existing, current relationships with key decision makers directly at the client-level.