This position supports current and long term corporate and brand objectives through the conception, creation, and management of social media content, analytics, brand related press placement, and social media advertising. Responsible for developing and directing an owned and earned media strategy across all brand platforms and supervising both internal and external content creators, media partners, and creative agencies. The role is part big picture strategy, part tactical brand storyteller, and has a strong understanding of and interest in our customer's mindset. The incumbent must be cognizant of the brand goals and strategy, fluent in social media best practices, content creation methods, press engagement and buzz building, and must be highly collaborative, organized and agile.
This position has a broad functional responsibility and possesses the ability to align cross-organizational teams, as well as associate and connect data points to one another.
- Leads the strategic direction of paid and organic social initiatives, demonstrating how social can drive business results with deep understanding of media and platform-specific KPIs.
- Leads strategic direction of Brand PR and oversees execution of Brand events, sponsorships, consumer facing media relations, editorial integrations, and associated amplifications.
- Owns PR agency relationships and keeps cross-functional teams informed.
- Ensures high quality execution and management of content, programming, advertising, PR strategy, and reporting.
- Works closely with cross-functional partners to ensure social media is working to achieve brand goals and assets are executed to best social media practices.
- Creates and executes influencer and advocacy strategies across social media and the press.
- Collaborates with Customer Service team to ensure Most Amazing Personal Service across social networks.
- Interfaces with senior leadership and presents strategies, reporting, and new ideas.
- Creates a culture that encourages collaboration and maximizes results.
- Values individuality and the diverse talents of their team. Leads the team by communicating expectations, providing guidance, delivering feedback, and empowering the team to be their best.
- Bachelor's Degree required; preferably in Marketing, PR, Communications or similar field 8+ years' experience in public relations, social media, media, or communications
- Strong writing, verbal communication and time management skills
- Excellent organizing and planning skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple, concordant tasks and projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills