Posting Job Description
What part will you play?
Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. seeks a Director, Brand & Marketing for the Harry Potter Global Franchise Development department. Based in Burbank, position will report into the VP Brand & Marketing and working with external clients and internal stakeholders, lead the development of a North America franchise marketing plan including digital initiatives, management of social media strategy and oversee the day-to-day approvals and execution of initiatives.
The Brand Marketing Director will be a valuable resource for all internal and external stakeholders on issues relating to the creative consistency of brand expression and the execution of marketing initiatives, in keeping with the essence of the brand and its values.
- Develop an expert understanding of all Wizarding World-related properties, including knowledge of the related rights and franchise sensitivities in order to be an enabler and source of guidance for all WB divisions and partners.
- Provide the brand vision, mission and strategies to ensure all WB Divisions marketing efforts are supportive of, and developed from, the global franchise strategy.
- Lead the development of the cross-divisional, franchise marketing plan for the U.S. and manage any franchise-owned executions from start to finish; liaising with all relevant partners and stakeholders.
- Working closely with the Brand & Marketing team in London and LA, if necessary, manage day-to-day approvals through TBP.
- Lead the bi-weekly cross-divisional meetings; setting the agenda, gathering inputs across all stakeholders and following up on actions to ensure the output supports the U.S. marketing plan initiatives.
- Manage the preparation of materials for high-level meetings e.g. Brand Council, Creative Council and taking notes and following up actions where requested.
- Manage strategic relationships digital platform partners, identifying new opportunities for the franchise that feeds into the US strategy that could create a global impact.
- In collaboration with the WWD team, oversee the owned channel digital content strategies supporting the overarching franchise strategies and calendar including robust collaborative reporting upon agreed KPIs.
- Oversee the execution of the U.S. plan initiatives ensuring that all relevant stakeholders have been consulted to deliver to success.
- Lead a team of 3 with a focus on developing the team members to reach their full potential.
- Other projects as assigned.
What do we require from you?
- College degree.
- 10+ years' experience in a franchise or global brand marketing role, either client side or account management.
- Experience in leading the development of Brand Marketing Strategy/ Plans in North America.
- Extensive experience in the management and execution of successful marketing campaigns, across different marketing disciplines.
- Experience with a studio, entertainment or brand management company required.
- Experience managing complex multifaceted projects with exceptional project management skills.
- Extremely effective and tactful communication skills both written and verbal with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience managing multiple complex stakeholders with a high level of emotional intelligence and a demonstrated ability to work well across key partners.
- Expert knowledge of creating and implementing marketing strategies.
- Ability to be flexible to provide continuity and support to the needs of the International internal and external stakeholders.
- Must have the ability to exercise discretion and maintain strict confidentiality in handling sensitive information and materials.
- Must have the ability to problem-solve within scope of responsibility.
- Demonstrable existing familiarity with the Harry Potter books and films.