Director, US Brand Marketing – Luspatercept
Commercial Operations Cambridge, MA
Who are we? Acceleron is a Cambridge-based, clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the discovery, development, and commercialization of therapeutics to treat serious and rare diseases. The Company’s leadership in the understanding of TGF-beta biology and protein engineering generates innovative compounds that engage the body’s ability to regulate cellular growth and repair. Acceleron focuses its research and development efforts in hematologic, neuromuscular, and pulmonary diseases. In hematology, the Company and its global collaboration partner, Celgene, are developing luspatercept for the treatment of chronic anemia in myelodysplastic syndromes, beta-thalassemia, and myelofibrosis. Acceleron is also advancing its neuromuscular franchisewith two distinct Myostatin+ agents, ACE-083 and ACE-2494, and a pulmonary program with a Phase 2 trial of sotatercept planned in pulmonary arterial hypertension.
What’s in it for you?
We are seeking a talented and passionate individual who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented, and collaborative environment to be part of our success. In this highly visible and impactful role, you will be responsible for development and execution of an effective marketing plan, in collaboration with our partner Celgene, to launch the Company’s lead product, luspatercept, in MDS and beta-thalassemia. You will apply prior marketing and product launch experience to luspatercept and will have exposure to Senior Management as well as to our collaboration partner, Celgene.
What will you be doing?
- Developing clear and effective marketing plan to maximize revenue for luspatercept in MDS and beta-thalassemia
- Creating digital and tactical marketing as well as scientific conference programs in support of marketing strategy
- Partnering with Celgene to ensure execution and implementation of marketing plan
- Identifying key performance metrics to measure and manage success of plan at launch
- Analyzing market data and proposing activities to optimize execution of plans
- Ensuring that all marketing activities conform to company guidelines and local laws
What are we looking for?
- At least 7 years of relevant professional experience in the biopharmaceutical industry which may include strategic marketing, commercial strategy or brand management
- Prior pharma/biotech product launch experience
- Prior experience in hematology is strongly preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to articulate marketing strategy and influence key stakeholders
- Ability to work collaboratively with others across all functions and levels within and outside of the organization