The Director, Brand Management & Marketing - Delta Hotels, is a key member of the Global Brand Marketing organization and leadership team. He/she functions as a brand steward for this growing, international brand. This position is responsible for all aspects of brand marketing including marketing & media strategy, planning, implementation, creative, messaging/communications, partnerships and experiential activation. This role will also support brand strategies and customer experience and will champion the creation of brand marketing and brand voice activation platforms to support driving sales (B2C and B2B), marketing, public relations and digital at all touch points including the owner and franchisee community.
CANDIDATE PROFILEEducation and Experience Preferred
- 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, or related; MBA.
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience in marketing or related function, demonstrating progressive career growth and pattern of exceptional performance.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Establishing and executing the global brand marketing plans
- Protects, celebrates and grows the brand(s), enhances marketplace relevance and delivers the brand promise.
- Develops and ensures implementation of programs to continue to successfully position the brand(s) and achieve specific plan objectives and category leading RevPAR and market share premiums.
- Leverage marketing, competitive and consumer insights to inform the business, marketing plan, as well as marketing activities.
- Provides oversight, functional and business direction to ensure the successful execution of brand marketing strategies and programs.
- Develops, creates, and measures impact of brand marketing to include: creative asset development, brand voice, marketing activation and guidelines, messaging, advertising, photography and guidelines, public relations, partnership pull-through, experiential marketing and events, website development, promotions, marketing innovation, property and regional pull through strategies and tool content development.
- Develops creative briefs that logically tie to impactful consumer insights leading to best in class creative work from Marriott's agency partners.
- Serves as key point of contact with all agencies - creative, media, digital, etc. to ensure marketing goals are being met, work is optimized and executed efficiently.
Supporting the global positioning and growth of the brand(s)
- Coordinates and supports key organizations including global marketing, public relations, sales, marketing, finance, owner services, revenue management, digital, regional sales/marketing leaders and other functions to drive effective, on-brand execution and results requirements of the plan.
- Interfaces with global sales to develop and execute appropriate field sales and marketing plans globally.
- Ensures that business model, positioning and core proof points are clearly articulated for their brands, understood by key stakeholders and scalable to drive system growth.
- Provides opening support for all new hotels, coordinates with openings and regional teams to ensure all elements of the 'opening countdown' including opening countdown, training, etc. are executed on brand. Provide guidance to opening teams to ensure branded critical path document for openings and conversions are developed and maintained.
- Participates in Ramp meetings and presents marketing plans and updates to new and existing owners and franchisees.
Managing marketing budgets, scorecard results
- Works with finance to determine the Delta global marketing programs budget (an international, not NALO, fund) and allocates budgets by program based on the marketing plan. Manages the budget throughout the year and maintains tracking and reporting of key budget operational processes and reports throughout the year.
- Works closely with agencies, Marriott Media Center of Excellence, digital/social and analytics team to track and optimize marketing and media results to hit business goals.
- Works with Consumer Insights, Reporting & Analytics, Finance and other groups to develop/maintain marketing scorecard processes and reports throughout the year (metrics include: program revenue, profit, key awareness and perception shift measurements, paid search revenue, digital results and other metrics as pre-established in the marketing plan).
- Holds accountability for ensuring marketing program budgets and administrative budget targets are met and not overspent.
Brand Strategy & Planning
- Support new brand initiatives, products, and services.
- Supports on the development of the annual brand business plan. Assists in the development and execution of Long Range Plan (LRP) where appropriate.
- Educates/communicates on brand strategy, positioning, voice, strategic pillars and competitive environment.
Brand Performance & Development
- Develops clear applications of business and brand strategies that can be translated by other functions into tactical implementation. Establishes, communicates and coordinates work priorities to achieve the brand strategies.
- Participates in brand GM webinars, calls and related forums, to align and obtain input and feedback on strategies, initiatives and general brand priorities.
- Works with sales and development teams to produce toolkits and resources, conducts owner brand immersions and site visits to support development in securing on-strategy projects for the brand. Owns end-to-end brand innovation process outcomes.
OPERATIONS & CULTURE
- Supports communication platforms for the brand with the field / market (e.g. webinars, immersions, training tools).
- Provides direction on internal marketing efforts to include associate rallies, communications platforms, training efforts and culture initiatives.
- Supports the pull through of Operations and Food & Beverage experiences where appropriate.
STYLE & DESIGN
- Supports communication and activation of design strategy where appropriate.
MARKETING & PR
- Ensures alignment and coordination with brand marketing on strategies, platforms and programs.
- Partner with the marketing organization on the development of customer facing brand communications, brand voice / collateral development, photography, etc.
- Defines and develop compelling brand promotions and experiential events that can be executed globally to drive revenue and PR buzz.
- Provides guidance in developing / nurturing brand partnerships that provide brand equity benefits and enhance the guest experience.
- Acts as a resource to regional and field marketing teams on the brand positioning, priorities and pull through of core proof points.
Leading and Managing Teams
- Creates a synergistic (extended) team and business environment that encourages accountability, high standards, and innovation to consistently deliver positive business results.
- Hires, develops, and retains diverse talent that makes a strong, positive impact on the organization.
- Sets clear organizational goals and expectations for direct reports using the performance review process and holds team accountable for performance.
- Continuously improves team and job structures and ensures clear leadership accountabilities are in place.
- Builds teams with the appropriate mix of talent and skills to drive innovation and performance. Identifies talents of direct reports and assists with their growth and development plans.
MANAGEMENT COMPETENCIESBuilding RelationshipsCustomer Relationships
- Shows an understanding of the needs of different customer/stakeholder segments and develops appropriate service strategies.
- Creates a service?oriented environment and empowers others to build strong customer/stakeholder relationships.
- Monitors customer/stakeholder feedback and metrics to improve service delivery.
- Uses appropriate risk management resources when serious customer/stakeholder situations occur.
- Creates and coaches others on promoting an environment where everyone is valued and included.
- Champions the Company culture of service, opportunity, respect, and fair treatment.
- Ensures processes are in place to address concerns related to equity and fair treatment.
- Brings together people with diverse backgrounds to drive innovation and engagement.
- Establishes diverse partnerships across the industry, profession, and Company.
- Champions the attraction, development, and retention of a multicultural and multigenerational workforce.
- Ensures that all associates have the opportunity to achieve their full potential.
- Implements programs that promote inclusion and engagement.
- Ensures strategies are in place to promote inclusion, enhance engagement, and maximize business results.
- Builds strong working relationships across departments or teams.
- Models and coaches others on creating an open, trusting, and supportive work environment.
- Coaches others on how their behavior impacts coworkers and the work environment.
- Coaches direct reports to work together to set expectations for achieving shared goals.
Generating Talent and Organizational CapabilityDeveloping Others
- Contributes to an environment that supports feedback and ongoing development.
- Coaches others by providing constructive feedback.
- Develops others by identifying needs and securing resources in area of expertise.
- Builds relationships to attract talent and actively recruits candidates with skills in high demand.
- Participates in the hiring process and ensures successful onboarding of new hires.
- Continuously improves the structures and processes of program area.
- Puts systems and processes in place to manage performance.
- Brings together the appropriate talent levels and mix of skill sets to drive innovation and performance.
- Establishes the scope of technical decision?making authority.
- Uses meetings and other forums to regularly communicate status of work.
LeadershipCommunication and Professional Demeanor
- Actively listens and uses appropriate communication styles to deliver information in an articulate, understandable, and engaging way.
- Influences others to accept a point of view, gain consensus, or take action.
- Keeps leaders informed about key issues.
- Models and coaches others on displaying a leadership style that conveys confidence and gains respect from others.
Leading Through Vision and Values
- Models, coaches, and holds others accountable for leading ethically and with a high degree of integrity.
- Promotes a convincing and inspiring vision for the direction of the Company, brand, and team.
- Models and holds departments and project teams accountable for developing and implementing programs that reflect the Company's core values.
- Presents the need for change in a positive way that encourages commitment and action.
- Encourages others to identify ways to implement desired changes.
- Models and coaches others on staying calm and focused during stressful situations.
- Models flexibility and adjusts others' and own priorities when managing multiple demands.
- Manages stakeholder expectations during change.
- Develops strategies and provides resources to implement change.
- Takes steps to minimize the stress others feel when change occurs.
Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Models and sets expectations for offering suggestions and solving complex problems.
- Uses data from different sources to evaluate alternatives, consider their potential impact, and make decisions.
- Involves key stakeholders to gain agreement and support before making high impact decisions.
- Makes key decisions and guides others to implement solutions in a reasonable amount of time.
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of Company, brand, discipline, and program strategies.
- Uses data to thoroughly evaluate opportunities and focuses on those with the greatest potential business impact.
- Adapts global Company and brand strategies into plans that can be implemented within the business to maximize customer/stakeholder satisfaction and profitability.
- Uses data to build program strategies and make the business case for stakeholder commitment.
Learning and Applying Professional ExpertiseBusiness Acumen
- Uses an understanding of market dynamics and the business environment to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Monitors industry and market changes and adjusts priorities as needed.
- Sets department or team standards and uses key business metrics to evaluate performance.
- Models and coaches others on making business decisions based on data from a variety of sources.
- Evaluates profit and loss statements, develops operating budgets, and conducts forecasting.
- Demonstrates sound business judgment in addressing resource needs and improving efficiencies while balancing associate, customer/stakeholder, and financial results.
- Continuous Learning Creates an environment where learning is valued and encouraged.
- Models and sets expectations for others to evaluate own and others' strengths and developmental needs.
- Secures resources and creates opportunities for self and others to improve performance through stretch assignments and other professional development activities.
- Models and coaches others on staying current on industry and discipline trends and holds others accountable for using relevant best practices.
- Establishes training requirements for the team and holds others accountable for meeting training goals.
- Strategy Knowledge Maintains expert technical knowledge and skills and models their use for others.
- Models and promotes the appropriate use of facilities, equipment, and materials to perform the job.
- Models and coaches others on maintaining compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Builds partnerships across teams to solve complex issues and improve performance.
- Analyzes unique technical issues, systems, or problems that have broad impact.
- Recommends and coaches others on technical standards and processes to support work requirements.
- Generates and communicates the business case for applying innovative technical solutions that create value and/or mitigate risk.
- Managing Execution Building a Successful Team Coordinates with other departments and teams and helps clarify the responsibilities of each group.
- Communicates clear expectations about how departments, teams, and individuals contribute to success.
- Considers associates' strengths and team dynamics when assigning work.
- Coaches and holds others accountable for establishing team‐building strategies and encouraging cooperation.
- Involves team members in making decisions that impact the team.
- Recognizes achievements that support department and team success.
- Driving for Results Reinforces a team environment that encourages accountability, high standards, innovation, and strong business performance.
- Works with others to establish shared and individual goals.
- Monitors department, team, and individual performance.
- Makes sure associates are clear on expectations, timelines, and budget requirements.
- Identifies and focuses on business opportunities that have the highest value for the Company.
- Strategy Execution Helps others understand work requirements by explaining why the work is important and by breaking down projects into manageable tasks.
- Analyzes team and individual workload to prioritize tasks and delegate appropriately.
- Identifies and obtains the equipment, materials, personnel, and other resources teams need to accomplish their work.
- Establishes and coaches others on processes for monitoring work quality and project milestones.