The Director, Brand Leadership is a key member of the Team Beachbody Marketing Team and is responsible for helping to deliver on the company mission by driving growth of nutritional supplements line on a global basis. The Director leads the global marketing strategy and day-to-day execution to launch new products and grow existing ones. From uncovering consumer insights and evaluating competitive landscape to keeping a pulse on ingredients and research, the director must deliver unique product positioning and drive accretive growth through our unique multi-level marketing business model with unparalleled storytelling and relationship building leverage. The position reports to the Vice President, Brand Leadership.
- Develop and execute creative and effective marketing and promotional strategy for nutrition products and develop creative messages through all vehicles, and across all countries
- Concept, develop and deliver innovative new products:
- Develop unique concepts that meet/exceed consumer interest and deliver appropriate revenue and margin profiles
- Work cross-functionally to develop formula, packaging, marketing, creative and testing
- Work with ops/strategic planning on forecasting and coordinate all functions with ops for timely and effective launch
- Develop marketing plan
- Lead marketing communication strategy across all touchpoints: websites (e.g Teambeachbody.com, BeachbodyonDemand.com), mobile app, social media, emails/newsletters, blog, etc.
- Develop key selling, marketing and training tools for Beachbody Coaches (our MLM Distributors)
- Post-launch performance reporting and analysis
- Maximize exposure through Beachbody’s fitness programs (across web and app) to cross promote nutritional products
- Lead cross-functional teams including creative, web, social, database, production, operations, FNR, sales and training to execute on all programs.
- Be the thought leader of the brand and execute consumer and Coach research to uncover key information. Also be proactive in staying knowledgeable by reading information and attending relevant events/seminars/conferences.
- Analyze business and use data-driven results to identify what’s working and what needs improvement to drive sales, cross promotions and conversions.
- Assist in driving coach and consumer excitement through unique physical and virtual coach events, including presentations (live and/or recorded).
- Recruit, effectively manage and develop team members.
- Any other tasks reasonably requested to help team meet its goals.
- Ability to layout strategies and tactics as well as timelines and budgets.
- Innovative, strategic and creative thinker, balanced with pragmatic hands-on, effective action.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills. Must be able to effectively present to cross-functional team, executive leadership as well as to Coaches.
- Highly organized, detail and deadline-oriented, with the ability to juggle multiple priorities while providing a high level of service to internal and external customers.
- Quick learner and self-starter who proactively owns the role and results.
- Excellent planning and project management skills. Must be able to drive projects and launches to successful completion in a cross-functional, matrixed environment.
- Effective problem solver; nimble in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Able to generate and execute creative marketing ideas across various media.
- Solid analytical skills to uncover insights and opportunities as well as measure investment of resources.
- Must be positive, collaborative and team-oriented to deliver results in a collegial manner.
- Passion for business and grit to persevere through challenges.
- Willing to go the extra mile and take the initiative to make everything better.
Education and Experience
- Degree in marketing or related field. MBA preferred.
- 5-8 years of marketing experience with 3-5 year managing people
- Proven success in product development and building businesses. Global/international experience a plus.
- Experience working within a Network Marketing / MLM organization a plus.
- Experience working on nutritional products or other CPG a plus
- Proven experience in recruiting top talent and managing, developing, and motivating high-performing teams (both direct and cross-functional).
- Intermediate-Advanced use of MS Excel and Word.