Job Description Details
QVC is in growth mode and our Creative team is at the forefront of the messaging and how we think about and deliver the brand experience. QVC has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Creative leader to join our team. In the newly-created role of Director, Brand Creative you will oversee a team of Creative Directors and their teams, providing strategic leadership and inspiration. The Director, Brand Creative is a digital first creative with a strong background in creating, delivering and expressing brands and experiences in new and emerging platforms. You are a bridge builder and able to inspire teams spanning the entire QVC Family with clear positioning across the teams. Working from a brand strategy, you will work in partnership with the Director of Brand Strategy to craft brand experiences and expressions to bring our brands to life. The Director, Brand Creative is highly connected to the Business Units with a primary function to align the company to the brand expression, create empowerment across the organization about our brands and how they live across our many platforms. You are the liaison to the business to support them in owning the brand experience on their platforms by providing them with tools and support to make magic moments come to life for our customer every day! You will provide leadership communication and interact with senior levels of management internally while continually raising the bar on creativity in how we express our brands. This role is located at QVC’s corporate HQ in suburban Philadelphia.
• Is the liaison between to Senior Art Directors, and Art Directors.
• Excellent leadership communication skills within platforms and creative environments.
• Expertise in developing concepts, presenting work and in designing presentations.
• Interprets creative briefs into creative strategy for design team to explore and visually articulate desired creative direction.
• Provides clear, concise direction to creative leaders with the overall objective of turning client business objectives into creative solutions.
• Leads the ACD, SAD or AD in the development of those solutions from concept to completion.
• Ability to create compelling presentations and present those concepts to clients.
• Attends business & strategy meetings with brand, commerce platforms, marketing, merchandising and platform sales teams.
• Ensures that agreed-upon timelines are met and updates stakeholders on the status of current projects.
Leadership of Team
• Guides the workload and skillsets of the ACD, SAD & AD.
• Guides the personal and professional growth and development of direct reports and is committed to their creative well-being.
• Inspires and motivates directs & extended creative team to aspire to a culture of excellence, collaboration and creative problem-solving.
Education: Undergraduate Degree in Design, Advertising, Fine Arts, Communications, or related field or equivalent business experience.
Experience: At least 10+ years of advertising design, design, web design, copywriting, and/or brand management experience with a minimum of 4-6 years management experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to manage differing points of view so the final product remains true to the objective.
- Strong background in at least one creative discipline: copywriting, design, video production, filmmaking, interior design, art direction, creative direction.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, as well as present and sell ideas to an audience.
- Understanding of industry-standard software programs.
- Capacity for high-level problem-solving.
- Ability to provide realistic innovative solutions to business strategies.
- Ability to create and present creative strategies into effective presentations to management.
- Big picture thinker yet attentive to the smallest details.