Your Talent & Gallo | A Perfect Pairing
As a Director of Brand Ambassadors, you will lead and develop the E. & J. Gallo Winery Brand Ambassador network to drive the recruitment of brand consumers, by building brand awareness, to ensure growth and long-term brand advocacy amongst the trade and consumers. You will lead the development and execution of annual and long term strategic trade, consumer marketing and business development to cultivate a Spirits portfolio ambassador network.
What You Will Do
• Leads the Brand Ambassador team and ensures the team is effectively driving and developing brands in the On Trade and specified Retail Channels.
• Partners with brand equity leadership to ensure brand standards and goals are achieved when driving activation in the market.
• Manages and leads agencies that assist with the recruitment, management and onboarding of Brand Ambassadors.
• Leads, develops and drives the business and key performance indicators for the Brand Ambassadors and corresponding brands.
• Responsible for all Brand Ambassador communications and support, as well as ensuring Ambassadors are up to date on product education, promotions, and compliance standards.
• Partners closely with Sales Leadership team to ensure consistent communication between the sales team and brand ambassador team.
• Leads the collection of Brand Ambassador feedback; trends seen across the country, feedback from the market, etc., and effectively delivers information to the organization and turns into actionable insights/programs.
• Observes and analyzes new trends in the restaurant/bar industry and effectively communicates trends and educates the Brand Ambassador team. Drives the development and implementation of a successful vision/strategy, through strong leadership skills.
• Develops and leads recommendations to change systems, policies, and procedures; ensures timely and accurate implementation.
• Participates in department and interdepartmental planning and management teams and works cross-functionally to improve processes within the organization.
• Develops and manages operating and overhead budgets.
• Responsible for resource planning to ensure the needs of the organization are met.
• Drives performance through the monitoring of performance goals and objectives to ensure successful completion directly or through subordinate team.
• Leads and works with team and manages projects that have short term and long term focuses.
• Leads day to day demand, balancing planning efforts.
• Ensures staff is properly trained and following organizational best practices.
• Travels to different regions for market visits (50% of time).
• Develops, coaches and mentors subordinate staff.
• Conducts performance evaluations; recommends salary adjustments; rewards employees or takes disciplinary action, as necessary; addresses complaints and resolves issues that may arise.
What You Will Need
• High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
• Master's Degree plus 8 years of communications, finance, marketing, business/process development, sales, or hospitality/food & beverage industry customer service experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; -OR- Bachelor's Degree plus 10 years of communications, finance, marketing, business/process development, sales, or hospitality/food & beverage industry customer service experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Supervisory or management experience.
• Experience with developing and implementing brand marketing programming and education.
• Required to travel up to 50% of the time; required to travel via airplane or automobile.
• Candidates for this position must have a valid driver's license and a safe driving record. Required to obtain a California driver's license or appropriate state driver's license within 30 days of hire.
What Will Set You Apart
• Master's Degree plus 10 years of communications, finance, marketing, business/process development, sales, or hospitality/food & beverage industry customer service experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; -OR- Bachelor's Degree plus 14 years of communications, finance, marketing, business/process development, sales, or hospitality/food & beverage industry customer service experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Brand Ambassador experience in the alcoholic beverage industry.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Strong problem solving and motivational skills.
• Experience reading, analyzing, and interpreting general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
• Experience writing reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Experience effectively presenting information and responding to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Skilled in the use of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Experience training and developing junior level brand marketers in executing brand and organizational objectives.
• Experience responding to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.