- Lead team to meet or exceed regional sales targets assigned by Pall Biotech management via direct sales activities with customers.
- Through critical insight on customer biotech/biopharmaceutical manufacturing processes, support team to formulate strategies to develop and support solutions that meet or exceed customers’ needs and expectations and simultaneously expand Biotech’s business by gaining market share in existing and new accounts.
- Work with Operations, Customer Service, Supply Chain and other teams in Pall to ensure full execution of our sales strategies in the region (including orders, shipments, AR collections, contracts including renewals).
- Lead sales funnel reviews and ensure reporting of all business opportunities, solution concepts and strategies to Pall management through the use of CRM and provide voice of customer and applications feedback to product development teams.
- Communicate business strategy and tactics clearly to your team and provide feedback to colleagues, the management team and other Pall teams on progress, opportunities and challenges in the region.
- Manage and direct Account Managers, Business Development Managers (Specification Hunters) and all associated specialists to ensure focus on key selling activities: spec wins, maintaining existing business, identifying new opportunities in existing and new customers through Sales Funnel Mgmt.
- Collaborate with Regional Marketing to identify Key, Strategic and New Accounts to position PALL technology, products, service and support as the first choice in upstream and downstream processes.
- Effectively utilize Total Funnel Management (TFM) Selling.
- Support the Product Rationalization Program down to the Account Mgr. / Account level.
- Provide weekly sales and order forecast updates, customers issue / needs including product OTD, Quality, etc. that is impacting Customer Satisfaction. Schedule quarterly sales reviews with Sales, Regional Marketing, BPS, SLS and Customer Service to review previous quarter results, update fiscal year forecast and quarter performance.
- Acquire and develop talent and adapt workforce competencies to meet evolving business needs, while effectively managing change:
- Use rewards and recognition to help cultivate a customer mindset, leadership at every level, performance excellence, teamwork and compliance with Danaher’s Code of Conduct.
- Hold self and other leaders within the BU accountable for completing people processes (goal setting, development plans, performance reviews, compensation planning, talent assessments, career plan nominations and succession planning) in a timely and quality manner.
- Develop talent and take timely, corrective action to improve performance that doesn’t meet expectations.
- Schedule, monitor and confirm sales and technical training programs are completed and employees are fully trained and capable of positioning all products and technologies practicing TFM. 15%
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry or Engineering.
- 10+ years sales experience including a minimum of three years managing people and five years in technical sales in Biotech/Biopharm Development / Manufacturing market place
Job ID: LIF003849