The Director, Biopharma Business Development is a highly-visible leader in Natera’s oncology pharma partnering business, working with biopharma partners to expand existing business and establish new business relationships with new clients.
- Lead the Business Development process in the area of companion diagnostics and pharma services for Natera’s emerging liquid biopsy business
- Lead proposal development, term sheet generation, and negotiations
- Be the face of Natera to external pharma partners, liaising with all levels of biopharma partners from biomarker groups to CEOs
- Drive sales Natera’s pharmaceutical services business; secure and retain business through professional, consultative, and proactive sales activities directed at key decision makers
- Analyze potential opportunities and develop sales plans for each target account. Develop in-depth knowledge of the customer organization
- Coordinate with Natera’s scientific, operations and leadership team to present comprehensive proposals
- Maintain high visibility within the customer organization. Monitor customer satisfaction by regular communication with the customer
- Handle follow-up related to the sale and drive completion of contractual documents
- Plan and coordinate all customer engagements
- This role works with PHI on a regular basis both in paper and electronic form and have an access to various technologies to access PHI (paper and electronic) in order to perform the job
- Employee must complete training relating to HIPAA/PHI privacy, General Policies and Procedure Compliance training and security training as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire
- Must maintain a current status on Natera training requirements
- Employee must pass post offer criminal background check
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in business, life sciences, economics or another related field. MBA or related advanced degree desired
- 5+ years of in-depth commercial, product management, business development and/or marketing in a related industry
- Strong experience in the diagnostics and/or oncology space is highly desired
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Proven track record of effectively driving large scale partnering initiatives
- Attention to detail and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities
- Adapt and be flexible to changing priorities
- Effective negotiation skills
- Willingness to travel up to 50%, both domestic and internationally, as required
- Can be based in Redwood City in the San Francisco Bay Area or work remotely
- Passionate about oncology, genomics, and personalized medicine
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This position primarily works in an office environment, which requires frequent sitting, standing and walking.
- Daily use of a computer is required.
- May stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings.
- The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described.