PlanSource is a high-growth software company headquartered in Orlando, Florida with offices in Salt Lake City, Minneapolis, Charleston, Las Vegas and Grand Rapids, MI. We are currently looking for a Director of Billing Operations to manage the Billing and Payments department, which is comprised of insurance premium collection and payment processing. The Billing Reconciliation and Payment Service from PlanSource takes the worry out of billing and reconciliation for HR teams. From gathering monthly carrier bills and calculating self-reported totals, to handling payments to insurance carriers and resolving issues, PlanSource manages the process from end-to-end. By ensuring that eligibility and billing match to the enrollment data reported in the PlanSource Benefits Administration system, HR professionals get a valuable benefit - more time to focus on higher value activities.
About the Director of Billing Operations Position
In this role, you will works collaboratively with our carriers, clients and other departments to ensure the services delivered is aligned with business needs, while planning, organizing, and managing both resources and processes in order to achieve operating efficiency and revenue growth. This position reports to senior management on billing department operations and performance.
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Manage new partner requests, provide direction and coordination to internal and external project teams to accomplish work within schedule and budget.
- Supervise all billing, collection and payment activities.
- Train all assigned department staff to perform assigned duties and monitor progress.
- Supervise and monitor activities within billing software and user applications.
- Successfully manages the day-to-day activities of projects through the project life cycle from initiation to closure including cross functional efforts such as requirements gathering, system analysis/design, development/ configuration, testing, and implementation phases
- Monitor and control project work of multiple implementations simultaneously
- Develop and deploy a consistent delivery approach across projects to ensure successful implementation
- Lead the development and tracking of integrated project plans
- Proactively communicate project status, issues and risks to management
- Manage change orders and change estimates
- Support continuous improvement efforts to drive greater efficiency of Exchange implementations and operations
- Contribute to the ongoing evolution of the Exchange Implementation process design and quality management
- Define and maintain all implementation processes, manage implementation lifecycle; coordinate documentation when needed
- Arrange customer training and align training with customer goals
- Configuration and testing of the Benefits Administration System as required
- Troubleshoot technical issues when the need arises, and escalate appropriately as needed
- Drive integration with carriers, other applications, functional areas, and appropriate Shared Services groups
- Find and work with clients as well as internal resources to remove development and project roadblocks
- Retain accountability for successful project implementation
- Participate in building the foundation for scaling the Exchange business and operational model.
- All other duties as deemed necessary by management
- Manage the Project Team Resources
- Staff feedback and development input. Offer input for variable compensation programs for team members.
- Monitor and report key performance indicators to leadership
As the Director of Billing Operations, you will bring prior experience managing a diverse and complex suite of projects simultaneously. You will also have at least 10 years’ experience managing complex projects or accounts requiring the coordination of multiple organizations. Ideally you will love delivering amazing projects on tight deadlines in a lean or agile environment, as well as consistently pushing the boundaries and constantly improving and optimizing.
In addition, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or other relevant education
- Domain knowledge of Benefits platforms, including implementation
- Strong consulting, influencing, and negotiation skills
- Must work well within a team and within a demanding, often-public environment, executive presence required
- Ability to work on tight deadlines
- Demonstrated maturity and capacity to navigate a complex structure and respond to shifting and fluid priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong customer service experience
- Experience working with large integrated teams (e.g. shared services), and managing high-level client stakeholders
- Excellent organizational skills and detail orientation
- Experience achieving results through influencing resources outside your direct responsibility
- Ability to thrive in a flexible work environment and to adapt to change
- Advanced critical thinking and creative problem solving skills
- Must be able to work outside of normal work hours occasionally
- Ability to travel when needed (at least 25% of time)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Visio, MS PowerPoint)
What We Offer
- Great compensation package, including a full suite of benefits.
- The chance to work for a fast-growing, established tech company, and work side-by-side with a dynamic team of talented professionals.
- Fast-paced environment with big goals and the opportunity make a big impact.