As Central Lab Billing Director you will direct, plan, and evaluate the staff and activities of the billing department, monitor and implement policies and procedures to optimize efficiency and revenue. You will also ensure compliance to applicable laws, regulatory standards, internal policies and third-party regulations and direct activities of multiple manages to ensure efficient and compliant operational performance.
- Selects, develops, manages and evaluates direct reports; and oversees the selection, development, management and evaluation of indirect reports.
- Assist in the development of strategic operating goals, objectives and operating budget. Reports on department operational performance.
- Serves as a liaison to XIFIN, GENPACT and VISION FINANCIAL.
- Sets and monitors achievement of performance standards as it relates to XIFIN, GENPACT and VISION operations.
- Identifies and resolves problems related to account follow-up/collections with GENPACT and Vision Financial Services.
- Maintains open communication between managers and staff, facilitating problem resolution and changes concerning registration/account follow-up.
- Discusses issues and makes recommendations for solutions.
- Directs manager of In-Bound Telephone Customer Service Staff.
- Ensures departmental metrics on Call Abandonment rate and ASA (Average Speed of Answer) are met.
- Defines training, monitors and measures managers & CS Reps individual performance and quality.
- Reviews volume and financial performance.
- Develops and implements recommendations to maximize operations and comply with billing policies.
- Evaluates billing operations, identifies areas for improvement, and implements processes/methods that positively impact business and revenue.
- Notifies office personnel of registration/billing errors causing billing edits or third party denials on a timely basis. Provides recommendations to eliminate errors.
- Identifies, develops and implements changes to processes and procedures to comply with federal, state and third-party regulations and coding (ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM and CPT-4) practices.
- Ensures managers are apprised of changes in reimbursement regulations and/or procedural changes.
- Collaborates with managers to develop plans to address changes in reimbursement regulations and coding practices.
- Ensures required changes are implemented in a timely basis.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field and a minimum of seven (7) years of billing operations experience including prior leadership experience, required;
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of twelve (12) years of billing operations experience including prior leadership experience, required.
- Knowledge of federal, state and third-party reimbursement laws and regulations. Knowledge of ICD-9-CM, ICD-10-CM and CPT-4 coding practices, required.