The Director of Billing, Credits and Collections will drive and manage the overall New Logo (NL) billing and collection teams, responsible for efficient billing and reducing Accounts Receivable balances to acceptable standards defined by the company Executive team. In this position you will drive improvement in cashflows and receivables while establishing and maintaining the highest standard of customer care. The Director of Billing and Collections is a forward thinking, strategically minded, customer focused individual with a strong ability to analyze data and develop recommendations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Direct/ Lead the Collections, Cash applications and resolution teams for Enterprise, Midmarket and Strategic accounts
- Direct/ Lead the Credit and Billing team
- Partner with Senior Director to design and lead strategic activities including integration efforts
- Interact regularly with Sales, ERMs, CSMs, and Professional Services leadership teams to obtain the required information/ documentation to properly collect on past due accounts+
- Monitor and determine follow up actions through regular communication, identify reasons for outstanding payments, figure out and implement appropriate follow up actions
- Develop and administer collections programs and policies and monitor adherence
- Implement processes to improve cash flow and decrease accounts receivables
- Evaluate and determine new key KPIs for credit and collections teams
- Lead the cash Forecasting modeling for the NL accounts including all monthly / quarterly cash goals
- Assist internal and external customers in gathering information (audits, bankruptcies, etc.)
Knowledge and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed here are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
- Minimum 10+ years of relevant experience in Credit and Collections, and Accounts Receivables
- SaaS experience is preferred
- Must have direct functional management experience
- B.A. in Accounting or Finance (business)
- Experience in designing and enhancing processes
- Experience and competence in using integrated ERP software, particularly D365 and Oracle
- Proven Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Excel as well as other MS Office product knowledge
- Exceptional internal and external collaboration
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Well-organized, extreme attention to detail and a self-directed individual
- Ability to handle account escalations, which impact cash goals monthly and quarterly
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.