The Director Behavioral Health Quality and Performance Improvement, is under the direct supervision of the Executive Director and collaborates with the Directors of Nursing and Social Services. This position has administrative authority over the UR, BH Security, PEC Placement Coordinators, Risk/Regulatory and evaluates the services provided.
The Director Behavioral Health Quality and Performance Improvement also oversees quality, risk/regulatory management and performance improvement for the department. This position also performs special projects for the department as assigned.
- Oversees department operating budgets on a monthly basis and collaborates with leaders of the areas of responsibility for compliance within current budget.
- Establishes objectives and benchmarks to evaluate operational success for region managed and prepares reports to inform management team of status and progress towards goals.
- Holds other managers and supervisors accountable for meeting organizational objectives and assures consistency in performance of staff assigned responsibilities
- Oversees and participates in departmental and organizational activities to develop and plan staff education, safety and regulatory compliance, and quality improvement activities.
- Participates in Leadership Development activities; implement strategies and processes to improve employee morale and performance.
- Develops Managers and Supervisors by defining roles, responsibilities and expectations, assessing and communicating performance and promoting professional growth and accountability. Assists Managers in communicating and aligning work priorities with the organizational Vision, Mission, Values and Service Standards.
- Leads growth initiatives with a systematic planning process. Collaborates with the leadership team, working strategically to build strong programs in relation to benchmarks and standards. Leads work force initiatives.
- Collaborates with department leaders in the day-to-day planning and operations of the Psychiatric treatment programs.
- Facilitates interdepartmental problem solving in complex patient care issues.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Nursing or Masters degree in Social Work .
- 3 plus years of management experience in inpatient and ambulatory psychiatric care setting.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in a health related field from an accredited University.
- 5 plus years of management experience in inpatient and ambulatory psychiatric care setting.
Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
- Must have a current licensure by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas or proof of reciprocity of licensure between the State of Texas and another state. Must be maintained throughout employment.
- Must have a current Social Work licensure from the Texas State Board of Social Work Examiners. Must be maintained throughout employment.
Req #: 6197