Executes strategic and operational plan in support of Behavioral Health and clinical business segment objectives and initiatives and in support of Group Benefit (Disability Benefits) Claim goals. Promotes cost effective outcomes and improves program/operational efficiency. Strategic responsibility and management of the Disability Behavioral Health Unit and other clinical initiatives. Provides direct oversight to the Clinical Leaders, and other clinical roles.
Responsible for the development of specialized technical expertise within the organization and development of the clinical team through continuous quality improvement, training and development, workload management, staffing, and coaching for maximum performance.
Develops, implements promotes and supports Behavioral Health and clinical strategies, policies and programs that drive the delivery of best in class Behavioral Health and return-to-work outcomes to establish competitive business advantage for The Hartford.
- Manages clinical programs and departments to ensure delivery of high-quality, focused, and cost-effective service.
- Establishes a clear vision aligned with company values and sets challenging yet achievable objectives and action plans. Sets and communicates clear objectives and performance expectations, monitors results and intervenes, when necessary.
- Creates direction and communicates a business case for change by focusing on and addressing key priorities to achieve business results. Consistently serves as model change agent within the unit.
- Directs/provides enhancements to business processes, policies and infrastructure to improve operational efficiency (may cross multiple business functions)
- Responsible for department management, financial results, operational results, quality objectives, support of risk management and return to work solutions.
- Proactively analyzes constituent data, identifies trends and issues and develops action plans to improve outcomes.
- Identifies opportunities to implement best practice approaches and introduces innovations to better improve clinical and financial outcomes, member engagement and satisfaction.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates policies and procedures, which meet business needs (may cross multiple business functions).
- Manages department expenses, budgeting process and staffing needs.
- Maintain high level customer satisfaction and address escalations to resolution.
- Accountable for the day-to-day management of teams for appropriate implementation and adherence with established practices, policies, procedures, quality and compliance measures.
- Participates in the recruitment and hiring of staff. Consistently attracts, selects, and retains high-caliber and diverse talent.
- Evaluates developmental needs and collaborates with others to implement action plans that support the development of high performing teams.
- Builds a cohesive team and creates meaningful succession plans for business growth and/or career advancement.
- Participates in internal and external clinical development efforts
- Collaborates with functional area managers to ensure consistency in clinical interventions supporting our plan sponsors.
- Collaborates and partners with others
- Serves as technical, professional and business resource and/or liaison with regulatory and accrediting agencies and other health business units.
- Advises on Clinical strategic plan and specific tactics to improve accuracy and proactive management of claims.
- Point of contact for the customer and other company stakeholders including: participation in customer meetings, implementation and oversight of customer cultural requirements, supports new customer implementation, and participate in presentations/consultations to new and existing customers.
- Influences new customer growth by participating in the RFP process, creating innovative ideas for prospective customers and interfaces with underwriters, actuarial, proposal and installation unit.
- 5+ years of Behavioral Health expertise in a Leadership role in Disability Benefits and / or Workers Compensation.
- Master's degree in behavioral health field; or Registered Nurse (BSN preferred): or equivalent
- Active unrestricted State Licensure in applicable functional area required. (eg RN, LPC, LCSW)
- Ability to synthesize program performance and clinical outcomes
- Strong project management skills (financial, analytical, planning and implementation).
- Highly organized and able to quickly prioritize multiple assignments with high quality results.
- Problem solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to quickly build a rapport with internal and external customers resulting in effective solutions and strategies for customers.
What else can you tell me about the position?
- Position can be remote
- Position can be filled as a Clinical Manager,depending on candidate qualifications and work experience.