The Director- Automotive Sensing will be based in Markham, Canada. This role is responsible for leading Flex’s sensor development efforts for OEM customer development. You will provide technical leadership to develop internal roadmaps, engage potential customers, and propose technical solutions to win OEM business worldwide. Your direction will extend into Flex’s worldwide design center teams as they onboard, develop and deploy AD sensor solutions to mass production.
You are a motivated and broadly capable automotive engineering leader with demonstrated technical excellence in sensor technologies, sensor integration and design in a Tier 1 or OEM environment. In addition to a solid base in automotive engineering you know the technical and business landscape for state-of-the-art image sensing as applied in multiple vehicle use cases including autonomous driving and in cabin monitoring
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do:
- Manage a team of sensor subject matter experts as Flex’s grows capability and scale
- Define AD sensing business and technical development strategies for customer engagement
- Develop technical roadmaps for internal engineering development.
- Work with key technology providers to understand leading edge solutions and develop strategic partnerships.
- Provide technical leadership in customer engagements, RFI / RFP / RFQ.
- Provide technical leadership for internal design teams performing AD sensing development
Here is some of what you’ll need (required):
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related Engineering discipline
- Technical expertise in working with automotive sensors including camera, radar and lidar
- Knowledge of sensor calibration and validation methods
- Knowledge of sensor manufacturing methods
- Experience with optical studies to determine capabilities of sensor and lens combinations
- 5-10 years’ Tier 1 or OEM experience in AD sensing product development
- Knowledge of leading-edge sensing technology solutions for AD systems, L2 and beyond
- A track record of launching high volume AD sensing products into production
- Demonstrated experience developing engineering proposals for customer sales engagements
- Ability to travel internationally
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Understanding and experience of ADAS vehicle integration and testing
- Understanding and experience in Functional Safety aspects of ADAS
- Exposure to multiple OEMs in an Engineering or Sales role
- An advanced degree in Engineering or Business
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide:
- Medical, dental and vision benefits; option of basic or enhanced plan
- Life Insurance
- PTO – paid time off
- Access to learning content in our Learning Management System – thousands of online courses, everything from project management to interpersonal skills to Lean concepts – you can continue to build on your knowledge and development by accessing our extensive Learning Management System and its content
- Personal Spending Amount for wellness, ex: gym membership, fitness classes, etc.