Director, Division Automotive
Spectrum Reach is the advertising sales division of Charter Communications, Inc. The company offers custom solutions for the modern media landscape utilizing national cable networks, internet advertising and promotional events supported by marketing, research and award-winning creative services. Spectrum Reach applies insightful research to understand consumer behavior and build targeted, multi-screen media plans personalized for each customer.
With offices in 41 states and 147 markets, Spectrum Reach covers over 27 million households throughout the country. From traditional commercial advertising to exciting new possibilities in interactive media and multi-screen solutions, Spectrum Reach’s consultative team brings advertisers effective, efficient ways to turn our audiences into their customers.
The Division Automotive Director will build and direct a cohesive team of Automotive Sales Mangers, develop market strategic plans, create, communicate and execute sales plans.
The Automotive Director will be responsible for collaborating and socializing the company's automotive sales strategy while providing expertise and knowledge about Automotive to sales leaders in each market.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- This person is responsible for meeting or exceeding Revenue/Expense and Cash Flow goals set forth for the Automotive Category for the Central and West Regions.
- Assists in training AEs with automotive accounts on Polk scorecards and Loyalty data to find the best opportunity for new business and upgrades among a market's dealer universe.
- Aids and assists in dealer-specific story development through
- Researches and identifies new business opportunities and participates in creating sales strategies.
- Maintains a high-level of automotive product and technical knowledge. Researches clients' needs and identifies opportunities for business development; maintains knowledge of competitive media products and service offerings; researches client's history of advertising products and services purchases.
- Works with client solutions department in developing compelling auto focused presentations for new and existing accounts in an effort to maximize revenue and increase Tier 2 and Tier 3 penetration.
- Communicates key industry trends and manufacturer updates to local markets
- Manages Automotive Sales Managers to identify key contacts for local manufacturer reps, dealer group presidents, and ownership group principles.
- Works with Automotive Sales Managers with the development and maintenance of strategy (and prospecting) lists including key accounts, low share and no share targets.
- Stays up to date on internal and auto industry news and trends that may have an impact on our auto clients' business or present opportunities for greater spending with our company.
- Works on auto sales related projects as assigned by VP of Automotive.
- Uses automotive marketing expertise and resources to help Automotive Sales Managers build strong advisory relationships with automotive clients
- Tracks Tier I-III auto spending to identify and communicate key trends in dealer spending in region
- In conjuction with Sales Leadership, develop annual sales goals as well as with implementation of sales projections and budgets for the Automotive Sales Managers
- 10+ years in related automotive media/advertising Sales with a proven successful track record of meeting and exceeding goals.
- 5+ years of Sales leadership experience.
- Proven track record of inspiring and building client strategy teams.
- Deep knowledge of advertising infrastructure, ad operations, data analytics, yield analysis, advanced Digital media platforms, Interactive Media, DRTV, client & relationship development.
- Excellent organizational skills and analytical skills. Critical thinking, problem solving, and superior customer focus.
- Strong strategic, interpersonal, communication, collaboration, presentation and time-management skills and ability to execute initiatives within the team and company as well as customers.
- Strong influencer with experience working with a distributed sales team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred or equivalent experience