As the Director, Automation Engineering (AGV), you will be responsible for the design and implementation of automation infrastructure that includes AGV’s, Conveyor Systems, Robots, and Material Handling Systems. The successful candidate must have experience with advanced warehouse management integration tools and be an expert in automation technology. This position will report directly to the Vice President, Corporate Services. Additional responsibilities entails and not limited to analyzing new and existing operations efficiencies, engaging in process improvement initiatives, assisting with facility start-ups, and the development and coordination of projects to improve speed, reduce costs and increase customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for the direction, design, development, application and implementation of hardware and software systems.
- Responsible for the design of advanced stand alone and integrated systems which include but not limited to AGV, VGV, AMR, ASRS, ROBOTICS, HMI INTEGRATION and CONVEYORS that integrate hardware and software in a warehouse/logistics environment.
- Programming of PLC.
- Implementation and LAUNCH OF TECHNOLOGIES.
- Management of CLASSICAL INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING responsibilities to include performing the productivity analyses through work measurement, time and motion studies, and workplace design.
- Improvement of process flows and layout of facilities.
- Champion continuous process improvement initiatives in the area of warehousing solutions.
- Design layout of equipment, materials, and workspace to illustrate maximum efficiency, using drafting techniques.
- Participate in Multi-disciplinary Five Phase Problem Solving Teams that directly drives company’s Continuous Improvement Process and Policies.
- Effectively communicates and partners at all levels of the organization both cross functionally and operationally.
- Exceeds client-customers’ expectations.
- Enforce company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Engineering, Logistics, or related field.
- A minimum of 10 years of AUTOMATION and engineering management experience required.
- A minimum of 10 years applications experience.
- Experience with AGV (Automatic Guided Vehicles), Material Handling/AUTOMATION equipment, Robots and Conveyors are REQUIRED.
- Experience to include PLC, VGV, AMR, and ASRS.
- Experience with AUTOMATING and OPTIMIZING manual processes.
- Knowledge of programming of PLC’s (Siemens – Step 7, Allen Bradley, Ladder Logic)
- Knowledge of AUTOMATED ASSEMBLY SYSTEMS, and strong understanding of industrial control systems applications and design.
- Experience in high volume receiving and customer order fulfillment.
- Prior 3PL experience is preferred or other Warehousing/Distribution, and/or Manufacturing experience in the Automotive and/or Industrial Verticals.
- Knowledge of Integrated Supply Chain Model (i.e. Sequencing, Sub-Assembly, Cross Docking, Operations Management, Logistics, Warehousing and Materials Handling).
- Strong PC skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Project
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Must be able to travel a minimum of 75%.
- This position will be considered Corporate Remote and will require relocation to the Southwest Florida area in the future.