Purpose of JobWe are currently seeking a talented and experienced Director, Audit Services ? Insurance (P&C) for our San Antonio, TX or Plano, TX facility.
The Director, Audit Services manages the planning and execution of multiple audit engagements for a designated staff agency or line of business. This role is responsible for overall employee performance management of unit employees to include audit excellence and the development of effective team relationships. In addition, a Director in Audit Services filters key information to audit executives and participates in the validation of the annual plan to ensure appropriate coverage.
- Accountable for delivery and execution of applicable audit plan/reports and ensuring appropriate risks are covered including follow-up of issues. Responsible for updating the audit universe risk assessment and plan. Accountable for decisions around proactive assurance and business monitoring at COSA level.
- Addresses issues escalated by team members, manages disagreements and gains appropriate resolution to complex issues with stakeholders across the enterprise. Advises senior leadership as appropriate.
- Coordinates with other Assurance Audit leaders on quality, resources, and coverage. Drives linkages across the organization, coordinating information and data sharing with the Insights and Delivery team.
- Partners with, develops and maintains effective working relationships with key stakeholders across the enterprise to ensure audit objectives are effectively met and contribute to the overall mission of USAA.
- Directly manages, selects, and develops staff responsible for conducting audit plans for a line of business or staff agency, to include preparing and providing performance evaluations, coaching, recognition, and performance management.
- Directs team in month end reporting process (i.e. ensuring issues are updated, time entry is complete, report status and prioritization are up to date).
- Accountable for quality with final signoff of work papers; propose the risk assessment of the entity; approves the scope of the audit.
- Leads the implementation and monitoring of audit process and performance standards; identifies and recommends internal audit process improvements.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology or other relevant field or Four additional years of related experience beyond minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree
- 8 or more years of progressive audit, financial, insurance, banking, information technology or related business experience
- 3 or more years of direct team lead or management experiencerequired
- Subject-matter-expert with broad and comprehensive experience in audit techniques, assessing internal controls, and business/ information technologyrisks
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- 8 or more years of audit, financial, insurance, banking, information technology or related business experience
- Property & Casualty personal lines auditexperience
- Experience with execution of audit methodology and technique related to planning audits, developing fieldwork programs, control testing, communicating results and preparing final reports in this concentration
- Demonstrated experience with IT General Controls testing and risk and control frameworks to include identification of control gaps and providing remediation recommendations
- Advanced knowledge of federal regulations for an internal audit function SR 13-1
- Advanced knowledge of Audit theory and demonstrated experience in audit execution
- Advanced level business acumen in business operations, industry practices, and emerging trends
- Demonstrate a strong business/insurance acumen understanding the claims, underwriting, service functions, and risk management of a large national insurance firm
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Additional related certifications (CIA, CISA, PMP or similar) are also beneficial
***Selected candidates will attend and complete the Management Development School program in San Antonio, TX, during their first six months in position.***
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager?s approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 02/18/19 by 11:59 pm CST time.