- 3 or more years of direct team lead or management experience required
- Subject-matter-expert with broad and comprehensive experience in audit techniques, assessing internal controls, and business/ information technology risks
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- CRCM (Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager) or willingness to obtain certification within the first year of employment
- 8+ years experience in retail bank internal audit departments’, OR equivalent audit experience
- Equivalent = minimum 8 years as:
- Federal Regulator for banks (FDIC, OCC, Federal Reserve) with experience supervising large banks with assets > $80B
- Top tier firm (Big 4, Protiviti, Treliant etc.) with experience auditing or consulting with large banks with assets > $80B
- Advanced knowledge of internal controls, consumer compliance (including holistic evaluation of compliance management systems (CMS)), business and information technology risks and/or audit techniques in a large retail bank environment.
- Advanced knowledge of auditing consumer banking and experience including but not limited to compliance audits related to Deposit and Lending Laws and Regulations; Insiders Activities; and CRA / HMDA is a must
- Advanced knowledge of the regulatory environment for financial services.
- Experience with audit engagement support tools including electronic workpapers.
- Proficiency in the use of data mining and analytic tools for auditing such as ACL, and SAS
- Leadership experience for professional auditors, compliance and risk management
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, high demand, environment while balancing multiple priorities
- Solid knowledge and understanding of audit methodologies and tools that support audit processes
- Additional related certifications (CIA) are also beneficial
***Selected candidates will attend and complete the Management Development School program in San Antonio, TX, during their first six months in position.***
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager’s approval prior to posting.