Arizona PBS, one of the nation's largest and most forward-thinking public media enterprises, is creating the Audience Development Department to grow viewership in order to accelerate its mission of serving lifelong learners across Arizona and the U.S. The unit will be led by Arizona PBS's first director of audience development. This leadership position, which reports directly to the general manager, leads a small team charged with harnessing audience data to create and implement innovative strategies, driving the station's financial and audience growth objectives. This newly created position was conceived as part of an organizational redesign intended to transform the station into a model public media enterprise for the digital age.
VP/EXEC VICE PROV DPC
Scope of Search
Grant Funded Position
This is not a grant funded position and is not contingent on future grant funding.
Depends on experience
- Develop and shape this new department to work seamlessly across all departments within the Arizona PBS design
- Provide inspiring and directive leadership to the Audience Development team
- Personally utilize the station's database resources to enable the station's leadership and revenue teams to develop strategies and tactics to retain, expand and develop financial support for Arizona PBS
- Personally utilize both internal and external audience measurement and research resources to enable station leadership, content and marketing teams to make data-driven decisions with the purpose of retaining and growing Arizona PBS' broadcast and digital audiences
- Work closely with the Digital Audiences Lab at the Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication to measure and grow digital audiences
Bachelor's degree. A minimum of six years of experience and expertise in media analytics and database management OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of television viewership data (such as Nielsen ratings), digital analytics (such as Google Analytics), CRM databases (such as SalesForce) and cross-platform analysis platforms (such as comScore)
- Experience in managing and analyzing information across multiple databases
- Experience in effectively using audience data to inform strategy, content and marketing decisions
- Experience in extrapolating audience and membership trends from multiple data sources to create one cohesive picture
- Experience in working in a leadership role
- Experience in setting data-driven, multiplatform digital marketing budgets
- Experience in thinking quickly and reacting effectively to unanticipated circumstances, opportunities and complex situations
- Experience in working in a team-based environment
- Experience in maintaining a high degree of confidentiality and responsibility regarding data and confidential station information
- Experience in using collegial interpersonal skills
- Evidence of effective communication in person, in writing and by telephone
- Experience in working independently and as part of a team
- Experience in stimulating changes in individual, institutional and corporate behaviors to create a more sustainable environment
- Experience in taking initiative and setting priorities while remaining sufficiently nimble in embracing unanticipated opportunities
- Experience in leading by example in communicating, participating and in encouraging support of the institution's sustainability programs
- Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and manipulating a computer mouse.
- Required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work.
- Frequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds.
- Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts.
- Drive to and from meetings, and occasionally engage in overnight travel.