As the Director, Assurance, your business focus will be on providing assurance services to the portfolio companies for private equity firms, venture capital funds and other alternative investment vehicles. This expanding niche requires your ability to demonstrate in-depth technical expertise with regard to assurance matters combined with a strong passion for relationship development while providing unmatched client service. Depending on experience the role could be a senior manager or director level.
- Identify audit risks and problems through review to ensure audit engagements are completed with defendable files and documentation
- Participate in speaking and article writing opportunities with the ability to research technical issues and draw appropriate conclusions
- Perform quality reviews for assurance engagements for companies owned by private equity companies
Client Engagements and Business Development:
- Manage multiple client relationships, billings and resource needs working with private equity clients of various types and sizes
- Manage multiple concurrent engagements without disruption or loss of control and within scheduled deadlines
- Accurately manage, supervise and review audit engagements in a manner that meets professional technical requirements
- Lead audit committee meetings and presentations
- Build personal referral sources to lead strategic pursuits of prospective clients
- Participate in business development and proposal opportunities including cross-selling of services
- Demonstrate leadership skills in managing, developing and coaching professional staff
- Support efforts to attract and retain people resources including supervising and training engagement team members
- Initiate efforts to develop the sales and marketing skills of industry team members
- Minimum of 8 years (senior manager) or 10 years (director) of assurance experience in public accounting required. Corporate and/or individual income tax knowledge helpful.
- Current CPA designation required
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in accounting strongly preferred
- Proficient in MS Office suite—Word and Excel
- Excellent client relationship skills, time management and project management skills
- Strong knowledge and experience managing larger, more complex engagements
- Knowledge and experience with private equity companies required
- Ability and willingness to travel.