- It�s all good news! Our discovery projects continue to move rapidly into clinical development. This creates greater complexity of collaboration, information sharing, and need for coordination.
- Be that person who comes in as an integral member of the program management team at Relay Therapeutics and plays an instrumental role in strategic planning and cross-functional co-ordination of Clinical, Regulatory, Pharm Dev, and Commercial activities for our clinical programs.
- Help define how we build out the function here at Relay by bringing your knowledge of program management best practices and the drug development process from Drug candidate nomination through IND filing and support of clinical studies. Help us see around the corners, connect the dots across functions.
- Reporting to the VP of Strategy and R&D Operations you will help us chart our course and define our future.
- You will support Development Project Leaders by applying program management principles and practices to rapidly advance drug candidates nominated to move towards IND and Proof of concept clinical studies. They will lean on you.
- You will develop and maintain the Integrated Development Plan and Risk Register for your programs, including activities, resource requirements, assumptions, and key interdependencies (across clinical, pharm dev, regulatory, etc.). You will meet with individual functions as needed to help them with planning.
- You will support the planning, scheduling, tracking, and reporting of activities and milestones of the drug development program by creating and maintaining integrated project plans. Be our MS Project/ Excel guru.
- You will provide team and meeting management, including taking minutes and ensuring follow-up of action items from the minutes
- You love to ask �what if� and make sure the team is prepared; you will help them develop risk mitigation plans and understand the implications of data
- You have a naturally ability to communicate progress at all levels (from the highly detailed to the punch list of �need to know� items); you will escalate critical issues and provide regular status reports
- You will help keep us on the same page by facilitating communication between groups to enhance multidisciplinary transparency and coordination.
- You will have a lot to work with � we all get along and play well together.
- Bring your toolbox and show us know how to track progress, manage interdependencies, and share information better.
- You have 7+ years of relevant biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry experience
- Your science background (BS/BA) is a must as we want you to be fully integrated; if you have PMP or MBA, terrific!
- You bring at least 4 years of project management to the table and have previous experience working in a Project Management and/or Clinical Development Organization.
- With your interpersonal skills, you are able to develop relationships across organization based on trust, so that people come to you even with bad news. They know they can count on you and your ability to problem-solve and find a way forward.
- You have an eagle eye for detail and superior organizational skills
- You have strong communication skills, are able to flex to different work styles, and are effective in a team setting
- You thrive in a fast-paced innovative environment with competing tasks
- You are self-driven, proactive, and get things done in a matrix environment
- MS Project, PowerPoint, Excel are your best friends
We believe in building balanced teams and a place where our people can be their best self every day. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
Relay Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
At Relay Tx, we believe that along with our people, our culture is our greatest asset. In fact we're proud to share we were named as one of the Boston Business Journal's "Best Places to Work" in 2017, the #1 place for small companies in 2018 & the #2 place for small companies in 2019. To drive that culture, no one will stop you or hold you back. Instead, we will give you the tools and colleagues to push forward relentlessly and cheer you on as you go. If this resonates with you, drop us a line.
About Relay Therapeutics
Relay Therapeutics is a new breed of company at the intersection of computation and biotechnology that is committed to creating medicines that will have a transformative impact on patients.
We combine unprecedented computational power with leading-edge experimental approaches across the fields of structural biology, biophysics, chemistry, and biology. This integration illuminates � for the first time � the full mobility of a protein and provides key insights into how the dynamic nature of a protein�s conformation regulates function. The team at Relay is putting this principle into practice, with the aim of accelerating the development of medicines that will make a transformative difference in patients� lives. We don't just stare hard problems in the face. We go out looking for them. Are you energized by attempting to do the impossible? We're looking for you.
At Relay, our team is driven by the ultimate collaboration across each of our drug discovery disciplines. Putting protein motion at the heart of drug discovery is a challenge, but we are confident that our team�s dedication and urgency will create opportunities that deeply impact the lives of the patients. Our initial programs are focused on developing therapeutics in oncology.
Relay Therapeutics is a private company launched in 2016 with financing from Third Rock Ventures and an affiliate of D. E. Shaw Research. To date the company has raised $520M from investors including Third Rock Ventures, SoftBank Vision Fund, GV, Casdin Capital, BVF Partners, EcoR1 Capital, Foresite Capital, Perceptive Advisors, Tavistock Group and an affiliate of D.E. Shaw Research.