You will be responsible for being the business partner to the management team and have overall responsibility for budgeting and planning to include financial analysis for the division’s strategic plans, commercial analysis, pricing, acquisitions analysis, capital planning and coordination, working capital control, and product costing.
You will play a pivotal role between the finance team various stakeholders and work with division managers to proactively identify improvement opportunities, to develop improvement plans, and develop and to evaluate growth opportunities.
You will ensure the business is making key critical business decisions based on accurate and timely data and you and your team will provide the link between the financial controllership team and the business unit for reporting business performance and providing in-depth analysis of variance to plan and prior year performance.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Provide strategic direction to division management with a key lead in business decision making.
- Lead the business unit finance team in management reporting, encompassing, LRP, annual budgeting, quarterly and monthly forecasting as well monthly management reporting analysis.
- Support and manage the operational cash flow of the business by Leading division to effectively manage working capital, providing information necessary for control of inventories, receivables and payables and also manage capital spending cashflows.
- Analyze and recommend action on major capital projects and Prepare capital spending projects and provide and support post completion audits on capital expenditures.
- Support the strategic business planning process, providing essential analysis on key KPI’s and how the business is tracking to these targets.
- Recommend and support the business in projects to control cost, increase revenue and maximize and drive efficiencies and productivity.
- Establish an environment fostering continuous improvement, involvement, teamwork, and both and internal and external customer focus by agreeing upon goals, communicating expectations, providing training, resources, equipment, encouragement and displaying the expectation to make fact-based decisions.
- Providing the key link between the financial controllership team and the business unit finance team to make sure we are acting and working as one Sonoco finance team and supporting the monthly closing cycle and assisting during both internal and external audit process.
- Lead a team and develop talent to ensure team members are engaged and performing at a high level while also providing development opportunities to ensure succession opportunities are filled internally.
- Perform and communicate the expectation to all direct reports, all duties in a manner which ensures the quality expectation of all customers, both internal and external, are met or exceeded. Collaborate with direct reports’ job performance, counsel with them regarding strengths and areas needing improvement. Counsels them on career planning and prepares individual development plans to ensure a continual succession plan.
Qualifications and Experience/skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance; MBA preferred but not required
- 8+ years of financial experience; Extensive knowledge in leading Forecast updates, Budgeting, and Long-Range Strat Plan preferred
- Strong understanding and knowledge of financial statements
- Experience in manufacturing industry and/or companies with global footprint preferred
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment across multiple levels of management
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity
- Demonstrates exceptional planning, interpersonal and communication skills
- Track record of managing and developing a team
- Analytical mindset with the ability to challenge senior management and engage and participate in high level business discussions including operational reviews.
- Good knowledge in general principles of manufacturing or cost accounting and analysis and willing to take a hands-on approach as needed.
- Expert proficiency and or and knowledge of Oracle ERP and Oracle Finance, OneStream, Coupa, Basware, Workday, ServiceNow, Salesforce, and Qlik or other business intelligence software would be an advantage.
At Sonoco Products Company, we offer a comprehensive total rewards package, including competitive pay and benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your dependents, including FSA and HSA options
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Wellbeing tools and resources to support holistic health, including an Employee Assistance Program with a variety of services
- Paid time off and holidays to recreate, rejuvenate and care for the health of yourself and family
- Variety of company paid and voluntary employee-paid insurance plans including life, personal accident, and disability insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.