Moderna is seeking a Director/Associate Director of Corporate Communications to lead integrated communications activities and help increase visibility for its science, business and reputation as a good corporate citizen and top employer. This individual will work within the Corporate Affairs team and engage directly with leaders across the organization – including research, development, digital and human resources. We are seeking a candidate who can succeed in a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment, while also being self-motivated and able to work independently. This individual will be highly curious and energized by working in an area of emerging science, medicine and technology and thrive on helping a company tell a complex story internally and externally.
They will have excellent written and verbal communications skills; be fluent in social and digital communications engagement and strategy; have experience managing agencies and vendors; and be comfortable working with corporate and program teams across a complex organization and multiple sites. In addition to communicating about our platform, pipeline and the disease areas we're focused on, they will also help develop and manage a range of initiatives with human resources and communications teams, including the creation of internal communications plans and employee engagement programs that support our growing workforce, dynamic culture and commitment to corporate social responsibility.
The role will be based in Cambridge, MA and will report to the Senior Director, Internal Communications.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Increase awareness of Moderna's leadership in mRNA science, platform, pipeline, technology and commitment to citizenship and being an employer of choice.
- Assist with the development and implementation of internal and external communications strategies, programs and materials, engaging directly with internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate across the organization to create internal resources and communications channels, helping employees connect to the company's science, business, and each other.
- Partner with human resources to create and implement effective campaigns that support employee engagement, change management and recruiting. Seek opportunities to celebrate and promote internal partners' news and success stories and Moderna as a top employer.
- Work with internal groups to drive company education, diversity and inclusion programs, sustainability efforts, and community outreach and engagement.
- Support town hall meetings, webcasts and other internal programs and employee initiatives.
- Ensure alignment between internal and external communications messaging by partnering with other communications leaders.
- Work with agency partners to develop and execute digital and social media plans.
- Help maintain the company's internal and external digital and social media channels.
- Partner with HR to help develop Moderna's employer brand and related internal and external communications.
Here's What You'll Bring to the Table:
- 8-10 years of experience in internal and external communications – either in-house or working with corporate clients for a communications agency.
- A high level of initiative, curiosity, strong work ethic, creativity and the ability to balance multiple assignments.
- A deep interest in emerging science and innovation; understanding of drug development, biology or health technology preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills & relationship-builder.
- A collaborative, solution-oriented and problem-solving approach to challenges as well as being open-minded to new ideas and approaches.
- Team player – both with internal colleagues and agency partners.
- Ability to be flexible and work well under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Adaptable, resourceful, driven, with a strong sense of ownership and dedication to personal excellence and constant improvement.
- The personification of Moderna's values of being Bold, Curious, Collaborative and Relentless.
- Bachelor's degree/Master's in communications, journalism, organizational development or related field preferred.
Here's What We'll Bring to the Table:
- On-site subsidized cafeteria or catered lunches
- Company-provided iPhone
- Free parking, monthly subway pass or a subsidized commuter rail pass
- Free annual corporate membership to Bluebikes
- Highly competitive healthcare coverage including: medical offered through BCBS (HMO/PPO), dental, and vision offered through VSP
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical expenses and dependent care expenses
- 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave for all new parents
- 16 weeks 100% paid family caregiver leave
- 20 weeks 100% paid medical leave
- Eligible for "Moderna Month" (one month paid sabbatical after five years of service and eligible for additional one month paid sabbatical every 3 years thereafter)
- Adoption assistance and discounts to local childcare centers, as well as access to care.com
- 401k (traditional and Roth offered) with 50% match on first 6% deferred. Match is vested immediately
- A suite of Moderna paid insurance coverage, including: life insurance, short-term and long-term disability
- Voluntary legal assistance plan
- 15 days' vacation and 7 sick days per year, in addition to a discretionary winter shut down and 11 company paid holidays (includes 2 floating holidays)