The Director/Associate Director, Communications is an experienced communications professional who will be responsible for leading development and implementation of external and internal communications strategies supporting GRAIL’s developing product portfolio. Reporting to the Head of Corporate Communications, the Director/Associate Director, Communications will have the opportunity to help shape the story of this fast-growing company and position GRAIL as a leader in early cancer detection.
You are a storyteller who is creative, able to take smart risks, questions the status quo, bright and hardworking. You embody GRAIL’s values of putting patients first, taking initiative and getting stuff done, having integrity, collaborating, and being ambitious while humble. You are passionate about making a difference in the world.
- Lead development and implementation of external strategies to communicate the story of GRAIL’s developing product portfolio and build positive brand reputation with key external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with and advise senior leaders and functional groups including Product Marketing, Clinical Development, Research & Development, Software Engineering, Legal and Regulatory to ensure messaging is consistent and supports GRAIL’s mission.
- Partner with the Product Marketing and Clinical Development teams to effectively communicate about GRAIL’s population-scale clinical trials.
- Champion GRAIL’s values internally and partner with the People Team and Head of Corporate Communications to develop strategies to help generate excitement and alignment among employees as GRAIL’s story evolves.
- Serve as a media spokesperson; build and maintain relationships with key reporters.
- Support senior leaders with speaking engagements.
- Maintain expert knowledge of the competitive, scientific, technical, regulatory, and reimbursement landscape.
- Manage high-profile issues and crises.
Your Background Should Include:
- At least 8 years of related experience; Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Relevant experience at a PR agency or in-house at a healthcare or biotechnology company preferred.
- Proven ability to develop and implement creative communications strategies and programs.
- Proven media relations skills with top-tier, national, and trade media.
- Expertise in healthcare and biotechnology, with an understanding of the evolving landscape of data science and machine learning.
- Outstanding oral, written and presentation skills.
- Proven experience utilizing digital and social platforms to promote company story.
- Results-oriented with proven track record for meeting or exceeding goals.
- Ability to lead and advise cross-functionally on complex and challenging issues.