Director / Assistant Controller
Director / Assistant Controller is responsible for supporting and working collaboratively with the Controller & CFO in all areas relating to financialreporting and accounting operations.
This position will assist in all areas including but not limited to, supervision and of staff accountants; performing monthly financial close; documenting, implementing, and testing internal controls.Key member of management team.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year end close by performing general ledger reconciliations, maintaining schedules, and drafting journal entries.
- Document internal control processes and assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department
- Assist in financialaudits.
- Oversee Advise and mentor staff regarding the handling of all reporting transactions
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financereporting, budget, general ledger structure and accounting systems
- Support and assist in budget and forecasting activities including variance analysis
- Respond to inquiries from the Controller and Executive Management regarding financial results including special reporting requests
- Other duties as required.