$200K - $250K(Ladders Estimates)
The individual in this role will report to the DVP, Business Unit Controller and provide support to senior management including management of the financial close processes, related accounting functions, and other projects requested by senior management.
• Manage transactional processes including accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit and collections, inventory, and fixed assets
• Oversee the cash management activities of the business unit; forecast near-term cash receipts and disbursements
• Oversee and participate in the month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial close processes and related activities; work with the Financial Planning & Analysis team to prepare reports for management and other stakeholders
• Ensure the accuracy, integrity and effectiveness of financial records and internal controls, including adherence to company accounting policies
• Maintain processes to collect required tax information and prepare company tax returns with the assistance of tax service providers
• Serve as the primary liaison with service providers, auditors and Corporate team members
• Advise the senior management team on the financial implications of business unit decisions and strategies; participate in the financial budgeting and forecasting processes
• Supervise and develop a department of approximately 14 employees
• Ad-hoc reporting and analysis as required
• Bachelors Degree in Accounting. CPA or MBA a plus
• Minimum 10+ years financial reporting and budget accounting experience preferably with some in a manufacturing environment, and 5-7 years of leadership/management experience
• Public accounting experience including SOX compliance preferred
• Excellent communication skills across all levels of the organization (i.e. Business Unit, Division and/or Corporate). Ability to present a clear and concise message to the Executive and/or Senior Leadership Team.
• Ability to meet strict deadlines and work independently
• Prior experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP and/or other ERP systems is required; familiarity with Adaptive Insights or other performance management applications is a plus
• Strong analytical skills and robust understanding of accounting and finance as it relates to the Balance Sheet, P&L, cash flow, typical KPI's, etc.
• Advanced Excel skills to manipulate and report on data i.e. macros, pivot tables, V/H lookups, charting, etc.
• Advanced PowerPoint skills to assist in the compilation of presentations for budget, ROR's, strategy plans, etc.
• Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced, high pressure environment
• Team player that can work well with others and is willing to go above and beyond the call of duty.
Valid Through: 2019-10-14