Director - Asset Management
5 - 7 years experience • Real Estate
Main Purpose of Role
The Director of Asset Management provides daily oversight/management to one or more ProjectAssets within Skanska ID’s portfolio. The objective is to proactively protect the value of Skanska’s investment; both identifying and mitigating potential risks while maximizing upside opportunities and seeking to ensure a projects success from a Skanska wide perspective. General Responsibilities
- Serve a specific role on the Board level of one or more Special Purpose Companies (SPC).
- Skanska ID’s subject matter expert on key issues related to the Project(s) assigned.
- Protect value of Skanska investment through position on the Board and relationships with other key stakeholders and in broader sense by influencing/guiding SPV in a manner that mitigates risks and/or realizes opportunities.
- Facilitate/liaise interfaces with SPC staff (and that of partners) with Skanska ID staff experts: Communications, Human Resources, Legal, Financial Reporting, and Technical staff.
- Facilitate supplemental resources to SPC from Skanska, where appropriate, by means ofTechnical Services (or similar) agreement.
- Implement and/or ensure SPC policies and procedures are consistent with Skanska expectations and minimum standards. Coordinate periodic internal financial and operational audits.
- Instill and uphold Skanska values within SPC and subcontractors through policies & procedures, establishment of corporate culture, and through personal leadership.
- Daily representation of “Involved Client Program”, either ensuring compliance or influencing design-build joint venture and other subcontractors to uphold the highest levels of health, safety, environment, and ethics.
- Create presentations and reports as needed to communicate Project status or key issues toSkanska ID management or Senior Executive Team (SET). If appropriate, support other Skanska subject matter experts in producing data analysis or reports.
- Participate in Skanska ID Technical Team meetings and support their work as directed/agreed. Specifically, review/advise PD team on proposed SPC organizational structure in bid phase.
- Provide specific support to Skanska ID Project Development as requested/agreed. This includes proposal reviews, cost model development/review, contract/technical requirements review and comment, organizational structure or other specific tasks.
- Participate in Skanska ID Asset Management (AM) meetings and initiatives, as directed.
- Interface and at times negotiate with Client, Construction Joint Venture, and/or other parties – representing SPC and/or Skanska, always mindful of the difference in these two roles.
- Approach decisions and negotiations with “OneSkanska” view, while maintaining ethical integrity and fulfilling role within SPC/Skanska ID
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Key Relationships
- Vice President of Asset Management (Supervisor)
- SPV Management Team
- Skanska ID Staff and Executive Group
- Construction Joint Venture teams
- Four-year college degree; Masters degree a plus
- Minimum of five years of experience in public-private partnerships, construction, or related field; or equivalent combination of experience and/or education.
- Prior experience managing large projects or public-private partnerships necessary.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with others. Experience with managing joint ventures and reaching goals by building consensus.
- Knowledge and experience in contract management and compliance, as well as withidentifying and interpreting applicable laws and regulations.
- Commercial acumen and negotiation skills, ability to find win-win solutions.
- Ability to prepare reports, memos and emails to be distributed to professional and executivelevel staff.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must maintain confidentiality of company information, using discretion and solid judgment.
- Must have excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to remain organized, set priorities and work under pressure to meet changing deadlines.
- Must demonstrate advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.